• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Inquiry: Prescription, Skin Care, Training, Etc.

Shadow_

Reaction score
Hello Soldiers, Seamen, & Airmen,

I salute you all for protecting our land and defending our sovereignty.

I am an aspiring civilian hoping to become a part of The Force. To better prepare myself, I have a few questions before signing up. Your responses will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

1. I am using a prescription topical cream for my skin at night. Will I be able to bring it into BMQ and use it? Can I also bring and use my skincare products (face wash, moisturizer, sunscreen)?
  2. Am I allowed to bring and use vitamins and supplements in BMQ, such as vitamins, mineral supplements, fish oil, etc.?
  3. How about workout supplements like pre-workout and protein shakes?
  4. If I am driving to the BMQ training location, will I be able to check and start my car's engine at least once a week? Cars can get battery drained or stuck in place if not moved for a long period of time.
  5. Rucking: I want to start training for rucking. What is the average/usual weight of the rucksack (the bag plus the items inside it)?
I appreciate your responses and have an awesome day ahead!

Hello Soldiers, Seamen, & Airmen,

I salute you all for protecting our land and defending our sovereignty.

I am an aspiring civilian hoping to become a part of The Force. To better prepare myself, I have a few questions before signing up. Your responses will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

1. I am using a prescription topical cream for my skin at night. Will I be able to bring it into BMQ and use it? Can I also bring and use my skincare products (face wash, moisturizer, sunscreen)?
You’re going to have a medical exam where you’ll have to disclose that, likely (I’m not a CAF med tech) they’re going to want to see you off this for a few months before enrolment and a letter from your doctor stating you don’t need it. Skin care products shouldn’t be an issue
  1. Am I allowed to bring and use vitamins and supplements in BMQ, such as vitamins, mineral supplements, fish oil, etc.?
Yes but they should be brand new (unopened)
  1. How about workout supplements like pre-workout and protein shakes?
No, the joining instructions prohibit both of those at bmq
  1. If I am driving to the BMQ training location, will I be able to check and start my car's engine at least once a week? Cars can get battery drained or stuck in place if not moved for a long period of time.
You’ll have weekends to yourself after the first indoctrination period as long as your group doesn’t lose them
  1. Rucking: I want to start training for rucking. What is the average/usual weight of the rucksack (the bag plus the items inside it)?
About 30lb
I appreciate your responses and have an awesome day ahead!

Back