• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Breast implants linked to increased suicide risk

PMedMoe

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score
Women who get cosmetic breast implants are nearly three times as likely to commit suicide as other women, U.S. researchers reported on Wednesday.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20185882/

I read this article yesterday but was thinking about it today and wondering if it's the actual breast implant that causes the problem, or the fact that these women obviously possibly have some sort of self-image problems, making them more prone to depression, etc.  From the article:

Lipworth said she believes that some women who get implants may have psychiatric problems to start with, perhaps linked with lower self-esteem or body image disorders.

Maybe they get the surgery and their life (and the way they feel about themselves) does not change.  Kind of makes you wonder if this is what happened to Anna Nicole Smith.

As an aside (and not related to this post), can someone send me a PM on how to insert a hyperlink but have the word "link" or "article" be the actual link?  ???

PMedMoe said:
As an aside (and not related to this post), can someone send me a PM on how to insert a hyperlink but have the word "link" or "article" be the actual link?  ???

First hit your "insert hyperlink"  button on your toolbar:

Between the second and third bracket, type in what you want your hyperlink to read.

Then add an "=" sign immediately after the first "url" but before the second bracket:

Then paste the actual website link immediately following the "=" sign and before the second bracket:

I am PMedMoe

**If you "quote" this particular post as if you were going to reply to it, you will be able to see the layout that I speak of above on your screen.

Back