• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Buffalo EROC model kit

GINge!

Reaction score
I think this is close the some of the early ones we had in Afg? I think I'll get one, and raise the roof line to make it like one of the Ambulances that went to Kabul.

635987-11890-22.jpg

This from Meng's

"This SS-005 1/35 scale U.S. Cougar 6×6 MRAP Vehicle plastic model kit is 226mm in length and 79mm in width. Two options (Cougar 6×6 or Cougar HEV 6×6 MARP) are provided. Interiors of the cab and troop compartment are perfectly reproduced, providing more options for you."

From armorama and research HEV sounds like it is the JERRV.. So from the sounds of their announcement we will be getting the option of either building a troop carrier or a JERRV straight out of the box. And I believe that the JERRV is the right starting point for a EROC Cougar.

All we would need to do is add the T antenna mounts, possibly rearrange the side stowage bins, rebuild the interior, add the ramps for the robot..

For the ones we had in 2008, with the lower roof line, it will need to rear/side windows covered over, stowage boxes built, a modified front bumper, and I guess any interior mods & ramps would need to be done too.
15234345293_5c62cbd1de_o.jpg

15666477308_852a0abe3d_o.jpg

The Amb version had a higher roof, but the same window layout. Depending on how the kit is constructed (ie with a separate roof part), it may be pretty easy to fair in a 1/4" +/- strip around the hull sides/front/rear to raise the roof.

Back