• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C3 Howitzer Replacement

at roughly 500 per Bn those Artillery Bdes are 2000 people each. That would be an army with 30,000 in just the artillery. I’m curious to know what your plan is to man these Bdes.
Sorry I goofed on Bde - I had meant Bn/Bde’s

Haven’t had coffee yet

Sorry I goofed on Bde - I had meant Bn/Bde’s

Haven’t had coffee yet
As a man who’s never once made a typo on this site I will graciously forgive you.

Ten Bns is probably doable. Well maybe. I think the whole Army Reserve is probably 10-15 Bns when you actually dig into who’s effective.

#Optimist
Years ago 30 Fd could put an entire Bty to the field - 6 guns, FOO’s, Recce Party with alt, and Main CP with alt. Plus vehicle tech and weapons techs.

It also had the same equipment at the time as 2RCHA (for the most part) and an Op task to them. As equipment divestment occurs - less and less folks want to invest time to the Reserves as the training excitement and enjoyment isn’t there.

I suspect if the PRes had modern equipment and a real role was put forward you would see a lot more people headed to PRes recruiting.

Today, the three artillery units in 33 CBG combined have just over 200 personnel, all ranks, including those not yet trained.

Back