• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C6

vehicletech_411

Inactive
Reaction score
wow just finshed the 3rd week of sq in meaford i thought the c7 was fun holy shit the c6 makes it look like a pellet gun that is one powerful weapon i unloaded about a 50 round burst haha i was grinnin ear to ear for the rest of the day getting to fire it made all the bullshit well worth it. also i was suprised with how accurate the c9 is not as fun as the c6 but as acurate as the c7 just about i still would rather be behind a c6 though we set up a cinder block wall and within 30-50 rounds there was nuthin left but a pile of rubble just to show that if that bad boy comes out to play there aint no where u can hide

The official me will tell ya that you aren't supposed to use ANY weapon for 50 round bursts....... from any weapon ( the kid in me will tell ya: fun eh!!)

But a shot of C4 in the morning will make a bigger impression.

Whats got 700 balls and f**ks Jihadi?
  A Claymore!! ;D

geo said:
The official me will tell ya that you aren't supposed to use ANY weapon for 50 round bursts....... from any weapon ( the kid in me will tell ya: fun eh!!)

But a shot of C4 in the morning will make a bigger impression.
Mass human wave attacks say that you can fire a 50 round burst ;-)
But, you're right, to keep it accurate, in the light role, 3-5 round bursts.  In the SF role (tripod for the non-Machine gunners out there), 20 round bursts.  In the Coax role, 10 rounds for ranging bursts, 20 for killing bursts.  Ain't life fun?  But, then again, the .50 is a real pleasure to fire at cinderblocks and other things ;-)

Lynx mounted .50 does some pretty nasty stuff to coyotes on range 16......so I've been told by people who were there.. >:D

VonG... yup - there are occasions ("adverse conditions")... as in - let me worry about burning the barrel out (if we survive)

.50 cal.... engine blocks at at 100 paces ;)

ya im thinking of remustering to infantry because they do so much cooler shit then being a vehicle tech if im goin to stay for life im either goin infantry or armoured i was told i could get on the next dp-1 after my sq  i wanna shoot a 50 cal and those other crazy weapons ;D but ya the 50 round burst was defiantly all over the place after a bit, i got locked on and my instructer said he wanted to see at least a 4 tracer burst so i just let lose needless to say u would run out of barrels real fast doing shit like that all day another troop on my course let even more go and when he went to unload it the cocking handle came right off the thing

Personally, I found that the C6 was fun, but the C9 was funner. I fired the C6 first, and when I fired, I could tell that not all my rounds were on target because of the recoil. Then I fired the C9, expecting the same. I looked through the sight, and as I fired, I noticed that I could keep the "crosshair" over the target at all times while shooting the burst. That made my day.

FH...
what you have to conisder with all machine guns is that they are not designed to be super accurate in the automatic fire mode.... An oval shaped "beaten zone" is what makes the weapon valuable.

The old bren gun - which has a lot of the characteristics of the C6 had 1 big problem in that it was .... too darned accurate.... (maybe 2 problems - only mag fed being the other)

Good ol' machine guns. Suppression is the key word here, not precision.

*pedantic mode on*
Beaten zones are one thing, but dangerous spaces are another ;-)  (Dangerous Space: Dangerous zone and Beaton zone together form the dangerous space).
And let's not forget the fun of Grazing Fire :-)

MG Course in Yakima....
AA shoot.......pull up to the range and see pallets of ammo.
The yanks brought out their model flyer's. Yep, these guys had Styrofoam MIGs, remote controlled, prop driven. Their job was to fly these things all over the range as we tried to shoot them down. Hilarious.
Grizzlies lined up abreast, turrets blazing... next to them, the .50 in AA mount, and just beside them C6 from the hip, kneeling... rounds would just zip through the foam with out doing much. Had to luck into a hit in the motor to take one down.

Tracers everywhere. I think we brought down 3 planes in all.
Great day at the range!

The C6 is great for tank weapons. I did CAT in 91 (anybody remember CAT?) we went down range with 220 rounds, hit all 20 1'x1' falling plates and came back with 110 rounds. The C6 is great for snipeing with a tank. If I can see your face I can put a round in it at 600m. The real thing of beauty is a Squadron HESH shoot at 2000m direct fire. ;D

guns and their 105 have a beaten zone all right....
Ubique = everywhere (aka: all over the place) :)

CHIMO!

Back