• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can I take ROTP while I am already in the armed forces?

Southpaw1

Inactive
Reaction score
I have an ambition to be one of the first people in my family to attend university so I would like to take the Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP) route at some point. However, for the time being I would like to apply to an artillery solder position. i was wondering that if i were to get this position and go through training and such, would I have the option of still going to ROTP and switch occupations to an officer(or even from ground to air force(pilot)?) I understand  that i need to be accepted to a university as well for this, but seeing that i can make that happen, would I have this option?

It is possible to change occupations once enrolled, but such moves are dependant on the needs of the CF. For example, if you are serving in a occupation that has an abundance of people, and you wish to move to another that has personnel shortfalls, making a move may be quite simple. On the other hand, if the occupation you are in is short of people changing may not be authorized.

Several programs exist for officers and Non-Commissioned Members to transfer occupations and/or commission to the Officer Corps, each with different eligibility criteria. Candidates must apply and be found suitable for such transfer programs.

Since this would take place after you have been enrolled in the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) it does not have any bearing on the Recruiting system. 

Back