• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Forces women hit $5M lottery jackpot

BernDawg

Inactive
Reaction score
Just found this on cbc.

A group of Canadian Forces women is getting a $5-million payout on Tuesday, but it isn't from the government.

The eight women, who are civilian staff members at Canadian Forces Base Petawawa, bought the ticket that had the winning numbers for Friday's Super 7 draw.

Instead of the green military vehicles the women are accustomed to seeing at the base, a rented limousine was to whisk them in style from Petawawa to Toronto on Tuesday to pick up their winnings.

The women, with ages ranging from 24 to 55, work for the Normandy Officers Mess and learned of their good fortune on Saturday.

All but one of the women is a military spouse, with two of the women's husbands serving in Afghanistan.

The women said they hope their win will spread some good cheer for those participating in the Afghan mission after the hardships they've faced in the past two weeks, in which five soldiers were killed and several others injured

Please be someone I know.......I have this huge tab at the mess I could use some help with old buddie old pal. :)

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2006/09/12/military-lottery.html

Congrats .. and enjoy.. I'm sure the phoneline traffic home from afghan spiked on rumours who was associated to this win..

Good for them! They are right Pet could certianly use some good news :)

muffin

Same thing happened at my sister office, they won 22 million and she didn't buy into the pool that week.  :crybaby:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060912/women_lottery_060912/20060912?hub=TopStories

Fair dealings etc......

160_lottery_winnerS_060912.jpg

Eight women from CFB Petawawa -- several of whom have husbands currently serving in Afghanistan -- have won $5 million in a lottery

More on link!!

AWESOME!!
Almost fell out of my chair when I saw it on the news!

well....
1. good for them
2. guess service is going to be`"spotty" for the next little bit.

Hey, congratulations, couldn't have happened at a better time. Husbands being away and all. What incredible news to lift their spirits. Watch for all those long lost relatives and friends coming out of the woodwork, LOL

Trinity said:
Tough luck HoM...

I don't see your wife in that pic!

Now don't go starting rumors!  That was Normandy Officers Mess, I work at the kitchen, totally different place. 

Congrats ladies, couldn't have happened to a better group!

HitorMRS. said:
Now don't go starting rumors!  That was Normandy Officers Mess, I work at the kitchen, totally different place. 

Congrats ladies, couldn't have happened to a better group!

Aaahhhhh....so you weren't going to tell him you won.... ;D

GAP said:
Aaahhhhh....so you weren't going to tell him you won.... ;D

I'm sure he would have figured it out at some point...maybe when the new 'stang showed up! ;)

I wonder how many of those guys will come home to an empty house and a note..." Dear John, Fabio and I are....." ;D

Wow that is sooooo cool.....way to go Ladies. Um I used to be a member at the Normandy Officer's Mess and I was really nice to everyone...remember me?? Ha ha  ;D

Hey, good for them!  Nice to see someone getting ahead...

Good for them! The lady in the front of the picture that was posted earlier used to work at the Jr.Ranks in Gagetown.She was a really nice lady. Always a smile and ready to offer the best service she could. I hope they enjoy their winnings.

Yeah she used to work in the snack bar, didn't know her hubby got promoted to Warrant either.

Back