• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian MP in USA-Authourized?

soldiers301

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi !
     I would like to know if the Canadian Military Police are authorized to operate in the USA !? Like if anyone in USA have prohibited equipment that is the property of Canadian Government !?

Sorry for my english, i`m in quebec !

I'm sure that they cannot 'operate' independantly of US Military Police, but I am pretty sure that there is some kind of cooperation in the military police world. There is in civvy departments and federal agencies, so it's a pretty safe assumption........I'm no MP though......Just an educated guess.......... :salute:

mp's can be put anywhere in the world where we have canadian troops from my knowledge, so if we had troops training in the states there could be an mp with them. i'm no expert on this yet, but i'm possibly looking to become an mp so thats what i remember reading.

It may well be that a Canadian MP could perform his duties on an American Base where Canadian Troops are training. Normally there is an arrangement where US Peace Officers are coming to Canada to investigate or if Canadian Peace Officers are going to the US to investigate there is a protocol where the departments involved contact each other and a reciprocating officer accompanies the foreign officer during his visit.

Just to clarify 301, are you wondering if an MP can pursue somebody in the US that has positive and illegal possesion of Canadian Forces goods?

If that's what you mean then I would have to say no. The Canadian Forces only have jurisdiction where the Canadian Forces operate however, like Hollywood said, I'm sure there are plenty of inner workings amongst various police departments.

Mind you, I'm not an MP.

Alright hot stuff!  ??? In that case, if it's just an example, read all the scenarios above.

Hi all,

No we won't go down to the states to recover Canadian kit. What we'd is go through all sorts of levels of command, the US meatheads will seize if need be....we may be down for the sake of continuity and it's be shipped back.

Visiting Forces covers when we deploy to places such as Bosnia, Afghanistan, East Timor etc....

Hope some of this helps.

I stand corrected. The Visiting Forces Act deals with military forces from another country visiting visiting Canada. In the pre-amble it states:- An Act respecting the armed forces of countries visiting Canada

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/v-2/108653.html

Back