• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CBI 209

seirra

Inactive
Reaction score
I am hoping someone might have a PDF of the last version of CBI 209 or know where I would be able to download one.  What I am looking is to see what has actually changed WRT LTA and the definition of the order of priority is for NOK.  I know the current version states the higher priority must be living but not sure if that states the same thing in the last version.

Any help would be great

seirra said:
I am hoping someone might have a PDF of the last version of CBI 209 or know where I would be able to download one.  What I am looking is to see what has actually changed WRT LTA and the definition of the order of priority is for NOK.  I know the current version states the higher priority must be living but not sure if that states the same thing in the last version.

Any help would be great

Why not just ask your question?

For the purpose of LTA, normal pecking order is, if your "married", spouse and then children.......if your "single", parents and then siblings.

I did ask the question, I am looking for the last version to see what the actually changes to the section where.

Nope that is the current version.  I checked both Google and the DIN before posting here.  I think the last revision was in Jan.

seirra said:
I did ask the question, I am looking for the last version to see what the actually changes to the section where.

The only thing that changed was the "terminology" now being used.  The old policy used the term "Next of Kin (NOK)" and the new policy now uses the term "Family Member".

If I were to hazard a guess, I would say that the OP is trying to track down why the policy seems to have changed, when in reality all that has happened is that the correct policy is now being more strictly enforced. On many bases I was on, if you were single, you could select any immediate family member as your primary NOK, and reap the benefits of the LTA. In the last six months to a year, I have noticed that the policy has been applied more stringently, and the order of dependants is being enforced. There has been no change per se, just a stricter adherence to the policy.

captloadie said:
If I were to hazard a guess, I would say that the OP is trying to track down why the policy seems to have changed, when in reality all that has happened is that the correct policy is now being more strictly enforced. On many bases I was on, if you were single, you could select any immediate family member as your primary NOK, and reap the benefits of the LTA. In the last six months to a year, I have noticed that the policy has been applied more stringently, and the order of dependants is being enforced. There has been no change per se, just a stricter adherence to the policy.

That would be my guess as well.  I saw some strange things over the years.  I seem to recall a regulation/order years ago, where if a CF member wanted to designate someone as their NOK for the purpose of claiming LTA, which fell outside the accepted guidelines (ie; a Grand Parent, Aunt/Uncle, etc) it required a written request, unit support and could only be approved at the "Commander of a Command" level.

The revised policy pretty much takes the "guess" work out of it.

Back