• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CDS on Cross Country Checkup - CBC Radio

Spartan

Inactive
Reaction score
CDS is on Cross Country Checkup on CBC Radio with Rex Murphy.
Just thought people would like to know.

I listened to it.

The man is a class act - I'm glad I was able to serve directly with him (in Bosnia, before he was CDS) prior to my retirement and his ascension to his current appointment.

I think he handled all callers well (even, perhaps especially, those with an axe they clearly wanted to grind), and took another giant step forward in bringing the Canadian public onside with our servicemen.

Roy

The quietest I have ever heard Rex Murphy....excellent program.....it should be in the archives of CBC by Monday

I also listened (to most of it, while the kids weren't chattering, anyway).  Pretty brave - spending a couple of hours taking questions from CBC listeners!

Definitely classy, but colourful too.  I had to laugh at his comment about "picking pepper from other small black bits of stuff" or something like that.

And his comments about his level of respect for us (his subordinates), the 87,000 people in uniform.  I have never served under a leader that made me feel as valuable as he does.  And you get that he really means it.  He came by my worksite the other day with a brass quintet from the Central Band to sing Christmas carols.  He tried to shake everyone's hand and besides "Merry Christmas, Joyeux Noel" he kept repeating "Thank you for all the work you do."  And he reiterated it in his comments to the assembled mob.  Better than the card I used to get from my civi employer!

Merry Christmas, sir - since you may be lurking here somewhere!

It's posted on the CBC site under "past programs".

http://www.cbc.ca/checkup/archive/2007/071216CC.mp3

Cheers!

Back