• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CELE....posting locations after Basic and Kingston???

jacksparrow

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Hello there,

Just wondering where DEO normally get posted to right after St Jean and Kingston training are done? Sorry if this has already been asked! I know there is the NATO colorado spring option later on down the road, but am more interested in the immediate locations in Ontario?

Cheers

Well, there is Trenton, North Bay, the NCR that come to mind right off the top of my head.  Kingston is also possible, as your soon to be Course Director can tell you (he was posted to CFJSR following the CELE courses).  I can't comment on if you will find CELEs on 'army' bases such as Gagetown or Pet (might be more Sig O territory) but I can assure you there are CELEs posted to Halifax, as well as any Wing.  I was told by the CELE(A) Crse Director that some of his last course were posted OUTCAN (oustide Canada) right after CELE trng.

Thanks for that fellas.....it's just that given the option, I'll rather stay around the Ottawa/Kingston area. Is it possible to request this?

You will be asked for your 3 posting preferences, yes.  Now, I am not nor have I ever been there, but you might think of looking at CFJSR if you like Kingston.  My buddy loved it, he is CELE.

Eye In The Sky said:
You will be asked for your 3 posting preferences, yes.  Now, I am not nor have I ever been there, but you might think of looking at CFJSR if you like Kingston.  My buddy loved it, he is CELE.

Pardon my ignorance, what is CFJSR?

Cdn Aviator is nicer than I am...I was hoping you'd try your Google skills! or Search skills on here.... ;D

If you are heading on your CELE course soon, talk to the current Course Director.  He is a friend of mine, and his 1st posting post-qual was CFJSR before going to 1 Sqn.  He can tell you about life as a CELE at CFJSR, and deployed to KAF as well.  A good man, I'd give him the shirt off my back any day.

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/asu_kingston/military/jsr_e.asp

Eye In The Sky said:
Cdn Aviator is nicer than I am...I was hoping you'd try your Google skills! or Search skills on here.... ;D

If you are heading on your CELE course soon, talk to the current Course Director.  He is a friend of mine, and his 1st posting post-qual was CFJSR before going to 1 Sqn.  He can tell you about life as a CELE at CFJSR, and deployed to KAF as well.  A good man, I'd give him the shirt off my back any day.

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/asu_kingston/military/jsr_e.asp

I did indeed google it and found the site after I asked the question  ;D The wife and I were talking about this yesterday, and she was glad to hear that one gets to pick from 3 choices. She likes Kingston, as her brother who is an officer in the Navy, use to live there, but is now in Ottawa.

Any bases in Ottawa for CELE at all? Also do you mind pm'ing me the director's email, so I can ask him some questions?

Cheers mate

jacksparrow said:
The wife and I were talking about this yesterday, and she was glad to hear that one gets to pick from 3 choices.

Well, you don't actually get to pick from three choices, you get to put down three choices and if you're lucky, the CM may send you to one of them.....or not.

PMedMoe said:
Well, you don't actually get to pick from three choices, you get to put down three choices and if you're lucky, the CM may send you to one of them.....or not.

I understand that. Any CELE bases in Ottawa? I ask because if there is, then the wife will be able to transfer to their Ottawa office.

jacksparrow said:
I understand that. Any CELE bases in Ottawa? I ask because if there is, then the wife will be able to transfer to their Ottawa office.

CELE bases? No. CELE positions? Yes.

FYI, NCR stands for National Capital Region, ie Ottawa.

jacksparrow said:
I understand that. Any CELE bases postings/positions in Ottawa? I ask because if there is, then the wife will be able to transfer to their Ottawa office.

Yes, I believe so but can't quote numbers or units.

I know personally 3 Cele officers, and they all got Ottawa as they’re first posting.

volition said:
I know personally 3 Cele officers, and they all got Ottawa as they’re first posting.

Really.....that is good to know that Ottawa has posting for CELE folks. What is the name of this place in Ottawa?

jacksparrow said:
Really.....that is good to know that Ottawa has posting for CELE folks. What is the name of this place in Ottawa?

After a quick search on the APS postings page, here are a few of the units:

ADM(IM) PMPR List

764 Comm Sqn

DGIMT

CDI

DGAEPM

SJS

CAS

CFSU (Ottawa)

PKML

Now, realize these may be for different ranks (from what I could see, mostly Capt or Maj).  Don't ask me about the unit acronyms, the only one I know is CFSU - Canadian Forces Support Unit.

haha, I've picked up a few of these acronyms this summer.

PMedMoe said:
After a quick search on the APS postings page, here are a few of the units:

ADM(IM) PMPR List - also not a clue

764 Comm Sqn - responsible for classified networks among other things

DGIMT - Directory General Information Management... Training? not sure about this one

CDI - Chief of Defense Intelligence

DGAEPM - I don't know the acronym, but I think this is the main AF projects group.

SJS - Strategic Joint Staff

CAS - Chief of Air Staff

CFSU (Ottawa)

PKML - not a clue

Now, realize these may be for different ranks (from what I could see, mostly Capt or Maj).  Don't ask me about the unit acronyms, the only one I know is CFSU - Canadian Forces Support Unit.

On top of those there's the units under CFIOG.

Jack: what kind of work are you interested in? I'll see you on course in a few months...

Back