• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CFAT Spatial Ability

JPastro4

Reaction score
Quick Question to any recruiters out there, or anyone with any related knowledge.

1000005653.jpg

So, I know that a pen or pencil and paper will be given with the test.

My is question is; for a spatial ability question like the one above. Would I be able to trace the shape and patterns on the piece of paper/s given, then turn it around and fold it/the piece of paper?

I can't answer your question, but you'll have something like 45 sec for each question and if you do it your way then you will run out of time. These questions are easy, the way I did it I just looked at each possible answer and eliminated the wrong ones.

I can't answer your question, but you'll have something like 45 sec for each question and if you do it your way then you will run out of time. These questions are easy, the way I did it I just looked at each possible answer and eliminated the wrong ones.
If it is allowed, I think I'll just use it on any that I find confusing, like ones with weird shapes or something.

Hey, doing that, you will run out of time. I got 99th percentile in that part and the best way to do it is by looking at each answer.

Look at answer A and think: "Can the Big square side touch the 2 small squares sides". Then look at the unfolded figure, since the 2 patterns are not touching unfolded and are parallel when folded, it's not A. For B, "Can 3 cirlces touch big dot?". Unfolded, we can see that they will always be parallel because of they are on the opposite sides of the 2 squares base. So it's not B. C is similar to B, so not C either. It leaves you D, and by checking it, you can see that the 3 dots and the square patterns can touch. Quick way is to consider the 2 squares as the base and then all 4 squares next to it are it's sides. So then, the big square has to be on top, touching every pattern except the 2 squares itself.

Hey, doing that, you will run out of time. I got 99th percentile in that part and the best way to do it is by looking at each answer.

Look at answer A and think: "Can the Big square side touch the 2 small squares sides". Then look at the unfolded figure, since the 2 patterns are not touching unfolded and are parallel when folded, it's not A. For B, "Can 3 cirlces touch big dot?". Unfolded, we can see that they will always be parallel because of they are on the opposite sides of the 2 squares base. So it's not B. C is similar to B, so not C either. It leaves you D, and by checking it, you can see that the 3 dots and the square patterns can touch. Quick way is to consider the 2 squares as the base and then all 4 squares next to it are it's sides. So then, the big square has to be on top, touching every pattern except the 2 squares itself.
Thanks, that actually helped a lot.

Hey, could I get your opinion on this question? I don't think any of the options are correct, or is my brain just not working?
Screenshot 2024-04-09 142800.png

Hey, could I get your opinion on this question? I don't think any of the options are correct, or is my brain just not working?
View attachment 84357
Yes, I am pretty sure that there is no right answer on this one. C is wrong automatically. For A the moon is not facing the right way. For B, it is impossible for the moon to face that way and have white on the right. The placement and D is possible, but the the top should be convered instead of the left side in the background.

Yes, I am pretty sure that there is no right answer on this one. C is wrong automatically. For A the moon is not facing the right way. For B, it is impossible for the moon to face that way and have white on the right. The placement and D is possible, but the the top should be convered instead of the left side in the background.
Yeah, that's what I thinking too, must be an error or something.

The right answer is A. The blank square is at the bottom, the figure lies on it. IMHO, the moon is facing the right way.

I hate to be a wet blanket onto this helpful thread, but I would like to remind everyone that when writing the CFAT, and after writing the CFAT, one is subject to the Privacy Act and cannot discuss what is on/in the test. At best, we can give you suggestions and advice on what to study and how to study for the test.

Back