• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Colonel Barry Wilson (ret'd), Lake Superior Scottish Regiment, R.I.P.

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Just a quick head's up -- Col. Barry Wilson, former CO of the Lake Superior Scottish Regiment and former Commander of Thunder Bay Militia District, died early Monday morning in Thunder Bay.

I'll share more details once I see them in the public domain.

He was my CO for a while in my younger, more foolish days -- including some times when he was (quite) cross with me but knew I had my heart in the right place ;)  He loved his scotch and he loved his troops.  He faced a series of health issues with courage, grace and remarkably good humour.  He'll be missed.

Condolences to family, colleagues and friends.

Attachments

• BarryWilsonHeadPix.jpg
    BarryWilsonHeadPix.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 234
  • BarryWilsonHeadPix2.jpg
    BarryWilsonHeadPix2.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 237
I knew Barry for years. Always a Gentleman, soft spoken and wise. You are correct Tony, he certainly loved his soldiers.

Thanks for letting us know. Sad news indeed.  I have the privilege as a very young Private soldier exchanging tunics with him at the Men's Christmas Dinner.

(Edit to remove identifying remark.)

Picaninny Skoff said:
Thanks for letting us know. Sad news indeed.  I have the privilege as a very young Private soldier exchanging tunics with him at the Men's Christmas Dinner.
I thought of you and this when I was thinking of him  ;D
Rifleman62 said:
Always a Gentleman, soft spoken and wise ... he certainly loved his soldiers.
:nod:

If you knew Barry, but don't subscribe to the local paper here in Thunder Bay, you can download a PDF of his obit (1 page) here.

Back