• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Combat Engineer training

minion21

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all,

My boyfriend just started his basic at Saint Jean for combat engineering. I was just wondering before he gets sent to gagetown for further training will he get any days off? As in does he have to go directly to gagetown with no break as soon as basic is over? I asked him, but he says they're only told stuff on a need to know basis so he's not sure yet.

Another thing... i was thinking a bit ahead and was wondering would it be advisable to get a swiss army knife ( or some other for knife for that matter) for his trade? or is there something more useful that i could get him for his completion of basic as a gift?

and lastly, im worried about him, and he's not allowed his cell phone,,, is basic really tough mentally. I know its supposed to be, but does it change people a great deal? It doesn't make them heartless or unemotional , does it??? ( however dumb that may sound)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :)

Back