• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

comon law posting??

mjr payne

Inactive
Reaction score
i was wondering what the standards are on postings to wear your spouse is located my wife is thinking of weapons tech, vehicle tech or electronic optronic technician, in the army. I was wondering on the likelyhood of her getting posted anywere else if the army will favour keeping families together or not?

From what I've seen, the Career Managers take a great deal of effort to speak with each other and try to keep service couples posted in the same geographic location.

That being said, it is not always possible.  In some cases there are postings that will not facilitate both your Trades. 

Another factor is Rank.  Normally at the JrNCO level there is not a problem, but as you progress through your careers, there may not be positions for two WO/MWO/CWO at the same Base in your different Trades.  The same will go for Offr Ranks, at times.

Your Trades play another role.  If per chance you are Infantry and she is an RMS Clerk, then you will be limited to postings to Bases that have Infantry positions only, while she could be posted to any Base or Embassy that the CF has personnel.

Career Managers will try their best, but they can not always guarantee that both spouses in different Trades will be able to be posted to the same Base. 

Back