• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Compensation for Reservists ?

DMac4

Reaction score
Hello,
I am currently in the application process, trying to find info if there are any programs to help with compensation while on BMQ or training courses.
I have applied for Air Force Reserves, I have been told my BMQ will take approx 3 months away from my home province. During this time I will be on unpaid leave from my civilian career. I understand I will be paid approx $3600/month from the CAF, which is no where near what I make in the civilian job. I will still have bills to pay at home and if the $3600 doesn’t cover all the bills I was wondering if there are any programs to help ?
Thank you in advance for your time !

Short answer. No.

Have a conversation with your employer. Many employers see the value in service with the CAF, and to Canada, and have military leave policies in place, that provide a top up, of sorts.

Hello,
I am currently in the application process, trying to find info if there are any programs to help with compensation while on BMQ or training courses.
I have applied for Air Force Reserves, I have been told my BMQ will take approx 3 months away from my home province. During this time I will be on unpaid leave from my civilian career. I understand I will be paid approx $3600/month from the CAF, which is no where near what I make in the civilian job. I will still have bills to pay at home and if the $3600 doesn’t cover all the bills I was wondering if there are any programs to help ?

If it's any consolation, your expenses during those three months should be very low.

You'll likely be so busy you won't be able to spend much money apart from the occasional bag of chips and a coke etc.

The CAF 'enforced savings plan' has helped pay for a few cars, and other major purchases, in the past apparently ;)

Hello,
If you’re away from home you’ll also get $17.30 a day for the first month and $13 a day thereafter in “incidentals” allowance. That should add up to about another $1300.

Back