• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

conflicting answers about log officer in reserves

mellauren

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey, I'm looking into going the  army reserves as a logistic officer but I've only found conflicting answers about the training for them in the reserves.  Can someone tell me the training that I would have to go thru? BMQ and BMOQ?  As well as BMQ land (2week course i believe) Is the BMOQ in one big 12 week block? Or broken down and spread out?  After that I actually haven't found anything about training for logistic. I know the logistic training is in Borden but I can't find for how long and if it too is broken up.
Thanks

mellauren said:
Hey, I'm looking into going the  army reserves as a logistic officer but I've only found conflicting answers about the training for them in the reserves.  Can someone tell me the training that I would have to go thru? BMQ and BMOQ?  As well as BMQ land (2week course i believe) Is the BMOQ in one big 12 week block? Or broken down and spread out?  After that I actually haven't found anything about training for logistic. I know the logistic training is in Borden but I can't find for how long and if it too is broken up.
Thanks

First off -- Did you read this post first:  READ FIRST ?

Then we have this, stating that you were sworn in at a Halifax Reserve unit on 25 08 September 2015:

mellauren said:
For those of you not in the Facebook site, had my swearing in today, one thing that was a common problem was people not knowing the residential address and birth date of their next of kin. So make sure you come prepared with that.

The fact that you have been a member of this site for some time, and that you have already been "Recruited" into a Reserve unit, you should know that this is not the forum to be asking these questions.  YOU should be asking those questions of your superiors at your Reserve unit.  They are more than qualified to answer all your questions, in most cases more so than anyone here.

I actually was in regular force and because of family issues I had to VR so now I'm looking at going reserve because it won't take me away from my family as much. Which is why I'm asking these questions on here now

mellauren said:
I actually was in regular force and because of family issues I had to VR so now I'm looking at going reserve because it won't take me away from my family as much. Which is why I'm asking these questions on here now

Then you should be reading the topics on Joining the Reserves.  And once you have done that, and found a Reserve unit that is willing to accept you, ask those questions of the Reserve unit.

If you have not found a Reserve unit, it is not going to be any good to ask those questions here, as circumstances may/will change.  You may not even be accepted as an officer.

Unless you have been accepted by a Reserve unit, you are just putting the cart in front of the horse here.

I have talked to a reserve unit. And I have done my research on here and found a couple of different answers about it.  When I asked specifically about the log officer training the reply I got from my recruiter was "I am not sure how long the course is but it would be in Borden"  which is why I came on here. I still have not decided if I can do logistic officer because I would like to know how long that I would have to be away in Bordon.  I would like to know these things before I apply because it would mean the difference between applying for officer vs ncm

mellauren said:
I have talked to a reserve unit. And I have done my research on here and found a couple of different answers about it.  When I asked specifically about the log officer training the reply I got from my recruiter was "I am not sure how long the course is but it would be in Borden"  which is why I came on here. I still have not decided if I can do logistic officer because I would like to know how long that I would have to be away in Bordon.  I would like to know these things before I apply because it would mean the difference between applying for officer vs ncm

If you're in Halifax, you're going away somewhere to do training unless you're in the Navy, and even then maybe. Trade training is typically 6 weeks or more for most trades, officer or not. If that's not possible with your family situation, reconsider joining the CAF until your situation has stabilized.

Not from Halifax, but I do know that I would have to be away to do the training, and I know that it would be 6+ weeks of trade training and I could easily do that but 6 weeks is a lot different then 14 weeks and no one seems to know how long for logistic officer.

mellauren said:

I find it unusual that a unit recruiter would not know what training is expected of their new recruits.  The unit should have full knowledge of what training you will be required to do to become qualified in the Trade you will be filling. 

You have been asking these questions of the UNIT, not the CAFRC, right?

mellauren said:
I'm looking into going the  army reserves as a logistic officer but I've only found conflicting answers about the training for them in the reserves.

For future reference, perhaps this discussion will be merged with,

New PRes LOG O Training Requirements 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/117162.0

P Res Log O Trade Training
http://army.ca/forums/threads/111626.0

Reserves Logistics Officer - Development path 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/91195.0/nowap.html
"Can someone help me understand the training path to becoming a Logistics Officer in the Primary Reserves?"

Back