• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Coral Sea Visitors: The Twins Are Coming - Oh Joy.....

1feral1

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Not one but two tropical cyclones are off the east coast of Australia. Although TC Thomas is ravagning Fiji as you read this, TC Ului will be the one to give us some grief. Already huge swells are hitting the island with beach erosion causing damage. Also the shark nets and drum lines are being removed from Rainbow Beach (south of Fraser Island) to The Gold Coast. Not good news for us here on Bribie Island.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/features/cyclone-ului-heading-for-coast/story-e6freorf-1225840376953

As per TC drills, here I will batten down the hatches by securing all loose/light items in my yard, and the routine of securing windows/roller doors etc, will happen as the storm approaches the island, as the beast lures closer to the Queesnland lcoast and makes landfall, somewhere to the north, then will make its way south. This is the prediction anyways........

Here I am only 2 metres ASL, and with a high tide not much margin for error.  Looks like my Sea-Doo escape for later this week will have to be yet again postponed.

For those that don't know hurricanes happen in the northern hemisphere, and cyclones happen in the south. Same thing different name.

Regards,

OWDU

Back