• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Corps end-of- the year trips

PARA_0401

Inactive
Reaction score
:threat:RSM Wilson here, i was just interested in hearing all of the different end of the year trips that some cores are having. Here at 2525 Pickering we're going white water rafting during the weekend of june 24 in the ottawa river. So share what ur trips are and what u think about them.
- Have a good one jumper :warstory:

isn't there a thread on this already? i could be dreaming.

my corp did not go on a end of the year trip this year. detachment kept telling us that every place we wanted to go was out of the area and we could not go there. the past 3 years i have been a cadet though we have gone to
2002- Niagara falls
2003- Ottawa (war museum, cenotaph, Parliament)
2004- Quebec (white water rafting on the Ottawa river) i would have to say i was disappointed in it though. when i went with my school white water rafting a year earlier is was on much rougher water.

all the seniors in my corp( Sgt and up) do go on a seniors weekend every year. basically we all go stay at a cottage and swim and have a good time. it is not cadet related so it is pretty cool.

Our Corps just has an end of the year Ex ...Speaking of which, ours is coming up in a week or two

im kind of surprised that as a Chief Warant Officer and RSM of your corps, you do not know how to spell "corps" correctly... ::)

ouyin2000 said:
im kind of surprised that as a Chief Warant Officer and RSM of your corps, you do not know how to spell "corps" correctly... ::)
  How many times must I ask that you stop beating me to it? :eek: ;)

Kyle Burrows said:
  How many times must I ask that you stop beating me to it? :eek: ;)
My cadet corps took 66 cadets plus staff to Ottawa last weekend .... made it a "fun" weekend from a senior NCO perspective.

Were going to go see a baseball game  ::) I dont like baseball....

yoman said:
Were going to go see a baseball game   ::) I don'tlike baseball....

my corp went to the jays opener at the skydome. yes the skydome. i will never refer to it as the rogers center. that change mad me so mad. we get free tickets from them every year. it is sort of a thankyou for my corp doing the bluejays Christmasparty everyyear.

557 is going midnight bowling! 1am-8. After Annual.
Unlimited food and drink. The best part.

Oops I also forgot the other one we did (ya we sorta had 2, had to have done tag day to go to the baseball one). We also had a boat cruise on the Ottawa river, was realy fun, dancing, music and all. Would of been a bit better if it wasn't raining.

ouyin2000 said:

I didn't put this topic up so that some immature RSM can come along and try to criticize me for putting an "e" instead of a "p" in the word corps. I'm pretty cure that there are probably a lot of things that i can criticize you about.....grow up. ^-^  

Play nice now...easy kids.

I've quit cadets..but my previous corps (Queen's York Ranger's 2799) is going to London. I'm not sure what they're doing yet.
I'm joining the Reserves with the Queen's York Rangers.
:cdn:

Chief Wilson (Jumper) said:
I didn't put this topic up so that some immature RSM can come along and try to criticize me for putting an "e" instead of a "p" in the word corps. I'm pretty cure that there are probably a lot of things that i can criticize you about.....grow up. ^-^  
Check your PM's

Our Corps has never gone on an "end of the year trip." Ever.  :p

Our CORPS hasn't done to many year end trips in the 2 full years i have been there, I know tomorrow we are going on a garbage clean-up. Doesn't that sound fun  ::) 10 am is to early on sunday for me.

My previous corps' Annual Parade is tomorrow at 1:30 i believe...i can't wait to see everyone again. I miss them...

Also, the past two relaxation weekends we did were;
2003: Grundy Lake Provincial Park
2004: Cypress Lake
Our corps always goes camping...it's always so much fun. I'll definately miss it this year.

Q.Y. RANG said:
My previous corps' Annual Parade is tomorrow at 1:30 i believe...i can't wait to see everyone again. I miss them...

Also, the past two relaxation weekends we did were;
2003: Grundy Lake Provincial Park
2004: Cypress Lake
Our corps always goes camping...it's always so much fun. I'll definately miss it this year.

ya i am going to try and go over and see the annual to. i know a bunch of cadets from 2799 that did L&C in 04.  i had my annual today. it was pretty good. i got to carry a saber (sword) and i won the award for best ranger cadet (most qualities of a ranger cadet). i also finally got he legion medal of excellence.

would you be able to tell me were exactly the annual is, i  know it is at some community center but i am from toronto and i don't know Aurora to well

My corps has been to a few summer/end of the year trips.
The ones I can remember are:
Barbados
Ottawa(a couple times)
Huntsville

-Hutch- said:
my corp went to the jays opener at the skydome. yes the skydome. i will never refer to it as the rogers center. that change mad me so mad. we get free tickets from them every year. it is sort of a thankyou for my corp doing the bluejays Christmasparty everyyear.

yeah, that whole "Rogers Center" thing isn't going anywhere anyone who was born and raised when it was called the Shydome is always going to call it that! Some people are so retarded.

anyways as to second Zedic_1913 ...yes the Ottawa trip was OK...it was kind of boring though spending 4 hours in an aviation museum.

Oh, PS Garrison Annual this weekend was Pro guys!! Anyone from 41, 76, 1913, and 2525 Congrats on a job well done!! and Congratulations to the two RSM's that got that medal that i cant remember what its called!!

Hey don't insult that museum! I've spent many a tuesday night in uniform there............and walked into several of the planes while carrying the flags..........stupid planes.........*shakes fist*

Back