• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cost of Replacing Commissioning Scroll?

HCA123

Inactive
Reaction score
My wife and I just completed our move last month and the movers damaged her commissioning scroll (we had it in a protective envolop, they did a crap job packing it and now it's bent up). It was marked down by the un-packers, so everything is good to go to make a claim.

Can someone tell me how much it costs so I can fill out my claim properly? I vaguely remember my BOTC platoon commander saying something in the neighborhood of $275 - but I'm looking for confirmation on this. I know it's up to the individual to pay for a replacement (no freebees).

I did a search on this site and googled it as well, but no luck finding the answer. Even if someone could give me the right contact office to call, it would be appreciated.

Cheers

I had a young 2Lt. lose one in a fire, Al we did was pass the report of the fire and loss report to the unit chief clerk. He took care of ordering it and billing. Might be a good idea to start there.

I believe that you can get a replacement Scroll - but it will somehow indicate that it is a replacement and not the original.  You only get one Scroll.

I dug this out of the nether-internet world - can't verify its validity though:

If the unit has misplaced or damaged the script, the officer is entitled to a duplicate of the original. If an officer has destroyed or damaged the script, however, he/she is entitled to a certified copy only.

To acquire a certified copy of the script, the officer must provide a statutory declaration pertaining to the loss, as well as a letter that includes the officer's service number, date of birth and phone number, as well as a postal money order for $8.

Back