• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Criminal Record Question.

Jayman

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey, this is my first post ever, so early thanks to everyone wiling to help.
I am looking to apply for MP reserves, I've already talked to a recruiter one on one, however want answers from a broader public. I am going to start with the bad news then the good.
Back when I was in high school  I was charged with mischief. Good news, the charge was withdrawn and since then I've done plenty of volunteer work and even worked closely with local law enforcement. I graduated a police foundations program in college and now enrolled at a university for law studies. As for my record, I've had a record expungement instead of a pardon, since I was not convicted. I read on some other forums that I could get away with saying I  have no criminal record when asked during the interview. However this does seem dishonest to me and i feel like it could back fire.

So my question to you guys is, even though my record had been expunged, can it still  somehow be brought to light using some kind of clearance protocol used by CSIS? Should I deny any past record or be honest and hope my achievements so far will diminish the black stain. Thanks for reading :)

Good day,

Truth, Duty, Valor, Integrity are apart of the higher moral standard that every serving member of the Canadian Armed Forces holds themselves up to as they proudly wear the uniform.

If you have a Criminal Code of Canada or Controlled Drugs and Substances Act conviction (or more than one conviction) as long as you have served your sentence(s) and no longer have a legal obligation then you may apply to the CAF.  Please note that you do not require a pardon in order to apply.

Additionally, you must not have any form of legal obligation.  Every CAF applicant must complete the reliability screening process and be conferred with Reliability Status (RS) prior to enrolment.  Reliability screening is a systematic method of confirming that an individual can be expected to be reliable and trustworthy based on the verification of Reliability Checks (RC) as follows:  personal data, employment history, education / professional qualifications and personal and employment references, as well as the completion of a Criminal Record Name Check (CRNC) and a credit background check.

Back