• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Current Distribution System used by Army

downunder

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi Great web site. 

I was a Loggie back in the mid and late 80s.  1990 I went to the standby reserve and 2 years later to the holding res.  Now the better part of 18 years later  and half way around the world I need a quick update on the current Canadian log System.  I am doing an Aussie Log Officer Cse.

If it helps I will quote the greens (problem sheet).

"presentations are to analyse a specified component of an Army's Combat Service Support / Logistic system and outline the lessons / advantages / in relation to Australian Army doctrine and practices."  I am doing Canadian Army - Distribution support. 

I don't have heaps of time.  any help would be appreciated

:salute:

Downunder

I just found this thread so I apologize if it arrives too late.

After going to great lengths to change the sustainment system over the last few years it has just been announced that we are now moving back to essentially what you were taught.  (1st line, 2nd line, etc vs. integral, close, general support).  The doctrine has been in flux since the deployment to Afghanistan.  Every roto is causing minor changes as we refine the system.  No DPs, back to DPs, no echelons, putting echelons back with combat arms units.

What it really boils down to though is very similar to the cold war doctrine.  A multi function, task tailored CSS org in support of BG.  The org in KAF has a bit of a split personality, performing the support roles from Svc Bn to aerial bridgehead.

The concept of Combat Loads, Maintenance Loads, etc haven't changed.  We have just been changing how we get the gear from here to there.

Thanks for that.  Funny thing I am now an instructor at the Australian equivalent of CFSAL.  Any more information would be very useful As I will be doing lessons on ABCA Log capability, and Doctrine.  Any help would be helpful. 

Thanks downunder

I'm pretty sure you can find the Canadian "Army Electronic Library" from the internet, and not just the DND intranet (although I can't confirm that at the moment).  Just Google to your hearts content and you should be able to find everything that you're looking for.

LogMaj and QM thanks for the pointers.  At some point this year I will prob have to do a Presentation to students on this would either of you mind reviewing the Powerpoint to make sure it is correct.

Thanks Downunder

It would be my pleasure.  Just give me as much lead time as you can.  I don't monitor this frequently. 

Back