• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Day Z - ARMA2 Mod

DONT_PANIC

Inactive
Reaction score
This is worth checking out for those that have ARMA2:  http://dayzmod.com/index.php

It's zombie apocalypse survival game based on the ARMA 2 engine.  You start on a beach, with nothing but some medical supplies and a flashlight.  The only goal is to survive as long as possible (average survival time: 31 minutes).  It's a character persistent, meaning you keep the same character, even if you log off, until he/she dies due to zombies/other players/starvation/thirst/bugs.  You need to find food, water, weapons etc... by scavenging through buildings or the bodies of other players.  It is pretty unforgiving and moderately "realistic", drawing on the general realism of the ARMA2 engine, for a videogame.  For example, if you want to go north, go find a compass, or use the northstar if it's night.  I've been playing perhaps a little too much in the past few weeks, but it is a pretty amazing experience.

It's free for those with ARMA2 (which costs 30$ or so if you don't have it).

I'm waiting on that damn Steam sale to hit so I can drop some coins on that game, friends tell me its very fun and worth every cent but I'm still being patient and waiting for a price drop.

DayZ is too realistic for me... its almost a walking simulator at this poiint  ;D but other than that its nice.

Back