• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Didn't pass my interview for Regular Force Infantry ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryptblood1986

Inactive
Reaction score
I don't understand, I just finished my interview and my interviewer said to me, "I'm sorry but you're not suitable for this position." Then he told me to get more volunteer work or join a sport team then come back in 3 months. I told him that I worked at Superstore for 9 months and I told him about my job and how it requires a lot of team work, memorization & manual labour everytime I work. Not only that but I also told him about my leadership skills used at my old volunteer job at Canadian Cancer Society. Plus I told him about my past work experience at New York Fries which also required a lot of teamwork. I can't think of anything that would make me very competitive can someone here please recommend me something?

cryptblood1986 said:
I don't understand, I just finished my interview and my interviewer said to me, "I'm sorry but you're not suitable for this position." Then he told me to get more volunteer work or join a sport team then come back in 3 months. I told him that I worked at Superstore for 9 months and I told him about my job and how it requires a lot of team work, memorization & manual labour everytime I work. Not only that but I also told him about my leadership skills used at my old volunteer job at Canadian Cancer Society. Plus I told him about my past work experience at New York Fries which also required a lot of teamwork. I can't think of anything that would make me very competitive can someone here please recommend me something?

You could always do what the interviewer told you.......??

+1 with aesop, do what the recruiter said, you didn't meet their expectations this time around, suck it up buttercup and move on.  As has been said many time previous there is NO entitlement to be in the CF. Work some more, improve your education etc etc.

As well, given the current discussion about gangs in the US military, I highly highly suggest you change your screen name.

It may have nothhing to do with the interview perhaps you didn't do well on the CFAT, or maybe you admited to something you shoulnd't have done in the first place. But like aesop say's do what the recruiter said and come back in 3 months.

+1 to the name change idea aswell

I'm not an expert at all, but perhaps if someone comes along who is much knowing this may help- was it an officer position or non-commissioned member position?

Zertz said:
I'm not an expert at all, but perhaps if someone comes along who is much knowing this may help- was it an officer position or non-commissioned member position?
immaterial. He was told his short-comings, given direction on how to improve, and a timing as to when he can prove he's done so.
Now it's on him.

I respectfully disagree, in perhaps my ignorance I think being more specific as to improvement would be better. Please note I possess no qualifications.

Edit: Original Poster - Follow the interviewers advice- this is a principles comment.

Zertz said:
Please note I possess no qualifications.
oh, it was noted.

Now, since you have no qualifications, perhaps you should stay out of the conversation until such time as you do. And that pretty much goes for everyone else without qualifications, unless you're involved in Recruiting, I'd strongly suggest this would be a perfect opportunity to stay quiet.

Zertz said:
I respectfully disagree, in perhaps my ignorance I think being more specific as to improvement would be better.

He claimed he was told (I wasn't there):
Then he told me to get more volunteer work or join a sport team then come back in 3 months
How much more specific info is required? If details, to the level of taking him by the hand to the food bank volunteer centre is required, I don't think I'd want him in my Company. But maybe that's just me.

He's been told what he needs to do. Giddyup.

(but for the record, I'm not involved with recruiting - - I just deal with the "products" of their system ;)  )

, "I'm sorry but you're not suitable for this position."

They guy had a reason, He told you how to fix it, So do it.  Then apply again.

You will meet a career counsellor who will interview you to make sure that you have made an educated choice of occupation and that you have the personal qualities necessary to succeed.

That is right off the DND website. These guys aren't trying to be asses they are just trying to make sure you succeed in your life choices.  Next time you have a interview point out what you have done to persue your goal in getting into the military. Also don't just strive to do the minimum. Work hard to show your a worthy candidate.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back