• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Disobeying an unlawful/unethical order - Mandatory Vaccinations

Eye In The Sky

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
Personally I think let them go without and when they catch it let them treat themselves at home. Vaccine passport to get medical treatment for Covid as the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting it.

Jesus. You really should re-read your own post. If people get it (that are vaccinated), support them. If they get it (not vaccinated), too bad so sad.

Let's go ahead and cancel all the knee and hip surgeries for anyone who is obese. Paralyzed while speeding on your motorcycle? Sucks to be you!!!!, should have kept to the speed limit stupid!

hattrick72

Reaction score
Pretty sure tobacco is taxed high already. The way I see it, is most smokers will die earlier thus they are less of a burden on the health care system. IMO.
The majority of smokers live until they are 70 and when they die cancer isn't cheap.

materialpigeonfibre

Reaction score
If I'm a healthy under 40, the government is pushing me to get a vaccine of a disease I have a 99.996% chance of walking away from.
Now look at all those side effects. I can catch it and get good immunity or I can take this injection. An injection that the GOVERNMENT OF CANADA ADMITS MAY FUCK UP MY HEART and give me all sorts of shit. I'm not saying Covid is better. Covid is probably worse. I don't feel like taking your dirty clot shot.
Video very much related.

Fuck your tyranny. Freedom for ALL Canadians. Fuck your politics.
I don't give a fuck about your politics. I will not be divided. I will not turn against fellow Canadians.

Last edited:

OldSolduer

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
If I'm a healthy under 40, the government is pushing me to get a vaccine I have a 99.996% chance of walking away from.
Now look at all those side effects. I can catch it and get good immunity or I can take this injection. An injection that the GOVERNMENT OF CANADA ADMITS MAY FUCK UP MY HEART and give me all sorts of shit. I'm not saying Covid is better. Covid is probably worse. I don't feel like taking your dirty clot shot.
Video very much related.

I don't give a fuck about your politics. I will not be divided. I will not turn against fellow Canadians.
You know MAYBE you should take your opinions elsewhere. Get stuffed, STFU and go away.

Navy_Pete

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
Actual COVID statistics still has a 1.8% death rate, with approx 25% of people that get it having 'long COVID' symptoms that include severe fatigue, difficulty breathing, permanent damage to organs and more. Get gooder at math before trying to quote statistics, and do some research on actual non-fatal but life changing effects. Best case you eventually recover from the long term side effects, but worse case you become unserviceable and get punted for not meeting universality of service for being a dumb ass.

So you have a 75% chance of walking away, and a 98% of not dying, but the downsides are almost completely preventable with a vaccine. You are statistically less likely to die in a car ride, but most people agree seat belts and airbags make sense, and that drivers should be licensed.

Won't be too sorry if people get released for complaining about 'muh rights', without actually understand A) what their rights are and B) actual facts about what they are complaining about. Probably a Venn diagram there but probably an overlap there between administrative burdens, soup sandwhiches, and anti-vax nutjobs. Also, no one has actually ordered CAF members to do anything, because most CAF members aren't fucking idiots and were happy to jump at the chance to get a vaccine that people elsewhere are literally dying to get, so the uptake is pretty high.

mariomike

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
If I'm a healthy under 40, the government is pushing me to get a vaccine of a disease I have a 99.996% chance of walking away from.
Video very much related.

Be a lot cooler if you threw a dumb red hat on and did an angry rant video in your truck.

Weinie

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Video very much related.

I actually support your decision and your evocation of your freedom of choice. But understand, there are consequences. You are best positioned to know whether the cost-benefit analysis works out for you.

We, as a collective, and based on what I suggest is sound medical advice across the international community, have decided that vaccination is the best way forward. Your opinion may differ.

The cost-benefit analysis calculus will force you to think about/limit your ability for travel, employment, social interactions, and day to day living.. If you are assuming a "rage against the machine" position, you will likely lose out against science and popular opinion.

Last edited:

FJAG

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
On the other hand the union representing 43,000 of Disney World's 77,000 is on board with mandatory vaccinations or loose your job.

Leaves you wondering which one of these two organizations is the real Mickey Mouse club.

πŸ˜‰

OldSolduer

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
On the other hand the union representing 43,000 of Disney World's 77,000 is on board with mandatory vaccinations or loose your job.

Leaves you wondering which one of these two organizations is the real Mickey Mouse club.

πŸ˜‰
Mickey runs a tight ship. That I can declare with 100% confidence πŸ‘πŸ»

hattrick72

Reaction score
Actual COVID statistics still has a 1.8% death rate, with approx 25% of people that get it having 'long COVID' symptoms that include severe fatigue, difficulty breathing, permanent damage to organs and more. Get gooder at math before trying to quote statistics, and do some research on actual non-fatal but life changing effects. Best case you eventually recover from the long term side effects, but worse case you become unserviceable and get punted for not meeting universality of service for being a dumb ass.

So you have a 75% chance of walking away, and a 98% of not dying, but the downsides are almost completely preventable with a vaccine. You are statistically less likely to die in a car ride, but most people agree seat belts and airbags make sense, and that drivers should be licensed.

Won't be too sorry if people get released for complaining about 'muh rights', without actually understand A) what their rights are and B) actual facts about what they are complaining about. Probably a Venn diagram there but probably an overlap there between administrative burdens, soup sandwhiches, and anti-vax nutjobs. Also, no one has actually ordered CAF members to do anything, because most CAF members aren't fucking idiots and were happy to jump at the chance to get a vaccine that people elsewhere are literally dying to get, so the uptake is pretty high.
Get gooder at math lmao.

I'm not siding with anyone on this, but come on. 1.8% death rate? Where are you getting this statistic? We have no way of knowing the percentage because not everyone was getting tested; therefore, we can not know the denominator.....

~27,000 deaths with a population of 37,000,000.

I get we had a lot of restrictions that were put in place to limit spread etc. So let's look at Sweden who stayed open (as far as I'm aware anyways)

~15,000 deaths with a population of 10,250,000

So a jump from 0.07% death rate to 0.14%.

I think this is the far more accurate way of determine the death rate and I'm willing to accept that people that died with COVID and maybe not directly because of COVID are in these numbers.

tomydoom

Reaction score
Get gooder at math lmao.

I'm not siding with anyone on this, but come on. 1.8% death rate? Where are you getting this statistic? We have no way of knowing the percentage because not everyone was getting tested; therefore, we can not know the denominator.....

I get we had a lot of restrictions that were put in place to limit spread etc. So let's look at Sweden who stayed open (as far as I'm aware anyways)

I think this is the far more accurate way of determine the death rate and I'm willing to accept that people that died with COVID and maybe not directly because of COVID are in these numbers.
Sweden did indeed have restrictions, I was unable to find the full details. However at the link are details of the easing of restrictions in July.

I currently live in Ireland, here there have been 340,000 confirmed cases and 5074 deaths attributed to COVID. Putting a death rate at approx 1.5%, approximately inline with what was quoted above. Admittedly, with asymptomatic carriers included (the unknowns) the mortality rate would be lowered. Further, Ireland experienced approx 10% more deaths in 2020 vs 2019.

Seriously, with most of the worlds governments, of different political stripes, doing largely the same thing. I would extrapolate that they are all receiving the same advise from public health experts. People that can't see that and think this is just a political game are a risk to everyone that cannot be vaccinated, including my 11 year old asthmatic daughter. Putting "my rights" before the common good, is just selfish.

mariomike

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
Nothing new about death. Every province / state keeps statisitics.

I would be interested in knowing how much the death rate - of any non-traumatic cause - per capita has increased since Covid.

tomydoom

Reaction score

I would be interested in knowing how much the death rate - of any non-traumatic cause - per capita has increased since Covid.
Some charts and tables with that date tabulated here.

KevinB

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score

Here in the US, our population actually declined last year - after years of growth - Last last year it didn't grow was 1944, and there was a World War...
I would call that a clue the COVID related death rate is rather more significant than has actually been listed.

tomydoom

Reaction score
Here in the US, our population actually declined last year - after years of growth - Last last year it didn't grow was 1944, and there was a World War...
I would call that a clue the COVID related death rate is rather more significant than has actually been listed.
That's scary.

BTW, I know you from back in the day on the Mattawa Plains.

mariomike

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
Sure.

How many 9-1-1 cardiac arrests, pronounced DOA at home, and therefore never transported to hospital, have actually been listed as Covid related? πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Here in the US, our population actually declined last year - after years of growth -

Not surprised to read that. If you don't mind me asking, by how much of a decline?

Last last year it didn't grow was 1944, and there was a World War...

I read that total U.S. deaths in the war was 405,000. ( 291,557 in combat - 113,842 "other". )

630,813 U.S. Covid deaths as of Wednesday, August 25, 2021 at 06:00 AM EDT.

Navy_Pete

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
Get gooder at math lmao.

26, 849 deaths in 1.42 M cases in Canada= 1.8% fatality rate. It's based on number of infections, not number of people in a country. It's obviously non-fatal with zero side effects for people who haven't been infected, which is why social distancing, masks, improved ventilation etc slowed down the case numbers (and daily death rate).

In the initial phases some countries had a fatality rate as high as 6-10% of known cases, but that's because their hospitals were overrun so the number of non-critical cases weren't included, inflating the death rate. The delta variant also seems to be more virulent, and no guarantee other variations won't have other side effects. Takes about six-eight weeks total from first shot to two weeks after the last shot before you are fully covered, so if you change your mind later there is a big lag before you're covered.

Long COVID rates are estimated, but not as well understood, but it's significant enough that it's being studied. Even people who weren't hospitalized have had permanent damage to their lungs and heart, and that includes younger people than yourself.

No issue with people refusing the vaccine, just pisses me off when people quote/spread misinformation, manipulate facts, and otherwise talk out their arse. That's not making an educated choice (and actively promoting willful ignorance), but you'll still have to live with whatever consequences that come with that choice, so fill your boots if you want to take the word of random internet experts over legions of experienced immunoligists, epidomologists and other medical folks that have dedicated their lives to keeping people healthy.