• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dropping Out of BMQ

Wall_Banger

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
I am currently taking a weekend course of bmq and after completing the first weekend, I have realized that I cannot maintain all aspects of my life while attending bmq. As the college semester draws to a near, I have a ton of final exams to study for. I have also recently been promoted in my civilian job, which requires more hours. I was wondering if anyone could inform me if it is possible to drop bmq, and take it at a more convenient time (such as summer), and if so, what is the process of dropping? I have left a message on the Warrant's phone explaining my situation.

I think he has asked a legitimate question here,......

I think you have already taken the right step, you are talking to your chain of Command. See what they can do for you but ensure that if they do move you to a summer serial for BMQ that you will indeed have the time off from your civilian job (approx 2 months) to complete it. Summer courses are usually not run at armouries but at places like Meaford and Wainwright and any base closeest to your area and are full time over the length of the course.

If you do not have the required time to devote to the summer serial see if there are more serials running prior to or after summer on the weekends which would better suit your schedule. Regardless know that they are doing you a favor and should renege on it you will be shooting yourself in the foot for a long long time.

Me too Bruce.

Wall Banger I believe the route to take is to inform your Section Commander about your situation, then ask for a voluntary withdrawl from training.

As I am an Instructor on a BMQ course I will ask around and see what you steps you must take.

EDITED
HitorMiss beat me to the punch.

:cheers:

Back