• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dual Trade Progression

Should the Medical Branch allow lateral progression starting at the rank of Sgt?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JAFMA

Inactive
Reaction score
Should the Medical Branch allow dual progression beyond the rank of WO?

The reason I am conducting this poll is because of the number of Sr Medical  NCM's that are refusing their PA course.  Dual progression would allow members to become WO's without attending the PA crse.  However, they must attend and pass the SLQ.  Also they will not be given the spec pay that is given to PA's.  They would be employed in the management areas IE pl comd/operations WO etc.  Maybe if we get a favorable result with this poll we just might chance some minds in Ottawa.

Sure would be nice to know the reason why you voted the way you did, but not required.  Thought it would be nice to have some dialogue regarding this matter.

I seem to recall that they came up with an MOC for just said thing - 719 (?) Health Services Manager for those going into the lofty Senior NCO ranks.  I guess that lasted about 5 minutes, but it certainly makes sense - not everyone wants to stay clinical, take the 2 years out of their life to stay clinincal (and end up in a paper pushing postiiton anyway), and once you become a MWO or above, chances are you're not in a clinical environment anymore anyway.

MM

Back