• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Duel credit (branch program) for college

Singh647

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi there,

so I've searched through this forum for a while, couldn't find anything on this topic, i understand that with a university degree one can become an officer, but in my case, I'm a student at a college and I'm doing a branch program where i do 2 years in college and 2 years in university. I was wondering if the Armed forces would take that into consideration and if I'm able to do officer training. If not then am i able to take an aptitude test to see if I'm able to do officer training.

Thank you.

Singh647 said:
Hi there,

so I've searched through this forum for a while, couldn't find anything on this topic, i understand that with a university degree one can become an  officer , but in my case, I'm a student at a college and I'm doing a branch program where i do 2 years in college and 2 years in university. I was wondering if the Armed forces would take that into consideration and if I'm able to do officer training. If not then am i able to take an aptitude test to see if I'm able to do officer training.

So what exactly don't you understand?  You already answered your own question above.  If your college is provincially approved to convey reocgnized undergraduate degree's, then the next question would be, just which degree?

Other than that, everyone is eligible to take the aptitude test, at any time.

If you have a credit in dueling, I went to the wrong school.

I went to College, did a three year diploma, then went to University and completed a BA an now I'm an officer. No one seems to care now, nor cared at the time, that I have a diploma. The only thing that matters is if you have degree.

The only exceptions to this that I am aware of for people off the street are if you are applying for ROTP (you are going to get a degree through the CAF) or if you are applying under the CEOTP program which will allow you to joint without a degree as long as you promise to get one in your own time. I am not sure what programs have CEOTP open right now but your local recruiting center should be able to tell you. Get your degree first though. Almost everyone I know who entered as CEOTP are struggling to find the time to complete their degree program.

jeffb said:
If you have a credit in dueling, I went to the wrong school.

. . . if you are applying under the CEOTP program which will allow you to joint without a degree as long as you promise to get one in your own time. . . . Almost everyone I know who entered as CEOTP are struggling to find the time to complete their degree program.

If he does a lot of joints he will have more difficulty in the service than just finding the time to complete a degree.

Back