• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Final reg force pay question

geekgirly

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all! I am a 4(a) VR and currently on retirement leave - final release date 26 February, 2020.  I guess my question is about my final pay. I will be receiving my mid-feb pay with a deduction - on my mid-feb pay statement it is listed as "release  20-02-25  -xxxx.xx"
I know that my retirement leave does not take me to the end of February (short 2 days), but I am curious why there is such a large  deduction - it is a lot more then the 2 missing days of the month.  Sorry if this is confusing.    :( Can I expect this deduction back?

QR&O volume 3 chapter 203 provides some context.  From the military's perspective, every month has 30 days.  Thus, if your release is on the 26th of a month, then there are 4 days you will not be paid for, equalling 4/15ths of half your monthly pay, or just over 25% of half your monthly rate.

See 203.65 at https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/corporate/policies-standards/queens-regulations-orders/vol-3-financial/ch-203-financial-benefits-generally.html

Back