• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Full time possibilities in the reserve

ArcticFox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello and sorry if this has already been answered somewhere else.

I currently have a bachelor degree of science and since i live in a small town with lack of employment opportunities in this field, i decided to join since it's something i always wanted to do.
When looking at the trade open at the time, i selected the RMS clerk position since it's actually something i would like to do and was told by a recruiter i could go the PRes route and ask for full time opportunities since i preferred to stay in my province. I already did my fitness test and my aptitude test and am waiting for my medical and interview. I was wondering how long it takes to be admissible for class b? contract (full time) or if i was better to switch to regular force(vie is 3 years if i remember the chart). My hesitation with going full time was mostly that i do not know if i would like the army and wanted to try it first but since the job does not open until summer and the RMS clerk is currently open for the regular force, 3-4 years of my life is not that long. And since RMS clerk is a purple trade, are there higher possibilities to be assigned to a base anywhere in Quebec(french-speaking unit)?

Thank you all!

Good day,

There is a Reserve Employment Opportunity website that advertise available full time employment positions. Each position listing includes the following:

-MOC (Military Occupation Code) that may apply for the position.
-The rank required for the position
-Qualifications required for the position
-Location of employment
-Length of contract

Similar to the recruiting process to join the CAF individuals wanting the full time employment must apply through their chain of command for the position number being advertised. After the closing date of the advertisement for the position the individuals who meet the requirements for the position are contacted for an interview. Full time employment contracts with the Primary Reserve are highly competitive. 

ArcticFox said:
Hello and sorry if this has already been answered somewhere else.

Did you even look first?

Yeah i had but the question was mainly to know how difficult it was to get those contracts.

Thank you for the answers given!

Read the "READ FIRST" post by Captain Mark. It was stickied for a reason.

Recruiters exist to get you into the CF. They are not necessarily able to provide advice about what happens later, and won't, here.

That is why we have the rest of the site.

Class B availability has been discussed elsewhere. If those threads do not have an answer to your question, ask there. People who know the answer can then respond.

Back