• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Halifax Nova Scotia!! ( * rant kinda sorta? * )

dhp_902

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello Army.ca I can proudly say this is my first post! And I can’t wait to hear from all of you! , I've been using this website to gain first hand insights on the military lifestyles the ups and downs! My moment of truth is less then 24 hours away from now! I have the chance to do my aptitude, medical and my interview tomorrow going to SIG op! And cant wait!  .... Sorry mods If I have placed this under wrong forum but I believe it belongs here and the opinions of this website are those of true heroes and those I look up to.

But now to the point !

http://www.halifaxkiosk.com/halifax-tour/York-Redoubt-National-Historic-Site.php

So .. This is a link to probably my favorite place in this world. My home away from home.. To just walk through this place as a kid brought the biggest smile to my face. Knowing I was standing on the same ground our brave forces once stood on to protect the place I not only call home but my country. This place is visited yearly by many schools and different programs within Halifax. I found myself visiting this place nearly once a week. Just being there is amazing guys I’m not really sure of the history of the rest of the CF in Canada but I know its rich! But knowing there are these places located across Canada gives me a sense of pride to call this my home. So shouldn’t I assume everyone could respect the fact that people gave their life for what we have now? Oh boy was I wrong guys..

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Metro/1165461.html

to save those who aren’t into link clicking,

This article is about over 120 children is all I can call them. Because only a child is not aware of the things these kids ignored. They decided to have a rave. In MY SECOND HOME! In a part of OUR history. How dare you! This was one of the most upsetting things I’ve heard in a long time. The fact that there was not respect shown from over 120 people amazes me. Not only can hard working parents lose their child (people this place is dangerous at night there are many underground bunkers that are not marked) but they did it in one of the most historical places in there own city! I can’t even begin to think what kind mindset a child needs to have to think this is a good idea and or appealing I still cant wrap my head around now when I go to get away.. I have to think about the 120 kids that decided to make this a party house. Rather then thousands of troops that protected what I now call home.

Sorry if this was a rant army.ca but I had to get out. And if you would just like to delete.. Of coarse you may do so.

But anyone from Halifax will have a huge opinion on this and I would love to hear it please

thanks a lot army.ca for the advice, the tips and basically the how to on being an amazing solider for my country wish me the best of luck and I thank all of you for your commitment and time in our forces and I pray ill be joining your amazing group of people

Doug Peterson.

I've been posted to Halifax for over 30 years but am currently in Toronto. I know the ruins you are talking about and agree they are really a great place to go and just walk about. With regards to the Rave I really don't have any sympathy for the people that were left out there and don't feel it was the place for the cops to shuttle them home. They were tresspassing and were holding an illeagle event. The cops could have taken them all back in handcuffs and they would have had criminal records.

Lesson learned here was if you want to party do it in a legal venue when your of age!

Good luck in your CFAT. Make sure you can do math without a calculator. Look at as many aptitude tests as you can on line and practice. It's not to get smarter its to get faster with the smarts you already have.

Cheers

I went to York Redoubt today!  I can't  believe I've lived in Halifax for over 30 years and today was the first time I ever went there.  Went with the wife and kids and we had a blast....even though it was freezing cold!  What a view :o
Cheers
COD

Back