• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

• Thread starter Thread starter McG
  • Start date Start date
I thought Palestinians elected Hamas as their governing body... so are they not legitimate?
My understanding as well. Until Gaza Palestinians ‘vote’ for someone other than Hamas, it’s Gaza’s representation (but to be clear, not Palestinians in the West Bank or Golan or Lebanon).

My understanding as well. Until Gaza Palestinians ‘vote’ for someone other than Hamas, it’s Gaza’s representation (but to be clear, not Palestinians in the West Bank or Golan or Lebanon).
wouldn't that make the Oct 7 events simply an act of war and no different than Russia's numerous actions in Ukraine. Regardless, I think that I will stick with calling them murderers.

wouldn't that make the Oct 7 events simply an act of war and no different than Russia's numerous actions in Ukraine. Regardless, I think that I will stick with calling them murderers.
That’s not an unreasonable practical understanding. TBH, not sure how the LOAC would treat Hamas and taking/killing of hostages….and of course, breaking the 2005 ceasefire on 7 Oct…

but that is giving Hamas status as a legitimate government. I prefer to call it kidnapping and murder.
You don’t need to be a legitimate government to be a party to a war crime. Israel/Gaza is a recognized non-international armed conflict, and Hamas is a combatant. Alleging, charging, or prosecuting crimes against humanity or war crimes by a group doesn’t mean they’re recognized as a legitimate governmental entity.

And while everyone's watching the election antics (also archived here) ....
... with this from various media

And while everyone's watching the election antics (also archived here) ....
... with this from various media
I don't quite know how to respond to the US taking this on. Were there US Citizens kidnapped and murdered? Dual Israeli US?

There is no such thing as electoral fraud anywhere anytime.... just kidding.... the little bit of fraud didn't change the outcome.
Not really what I was getting at.

Joseph Stalin: Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.

Back