• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Helicopter working with HMCS Fredericton missing?

Baz said:
I was at sea when we stopped allowing passengers at night on the Sea King except for operational purposes.  I don't remember that there had been any particular incident that perpetuated it.  It was just an evaluation of risk versus need.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons why ship's company may be on the aircraft; famil flights is one of them.  But certainly there is a risk involved.  It is why certain trades that may be required to be there actually get ruet (SKT can be more specific).  However, it is unreasonable to believe nobody without ruet will be onboard.  The aircraft is a primary means of logistic support including pax transfer.
RUET is usually offered to non-aircrew trades only if their duties would have them in the aircraft on more than a casual or very occasional basis. An example would be certain technicians or possibly even an image tech, if they fly alot. There is not really a hard rule that I am aware of.

For those not in the Maritime Helicopter community, what is RUET?  Rotary-wing Underwater Egress Training?

dapaterson said:
For those not in the Maritime Helicopter community, what is RUET?  Rotary-wing Underwater Egress Training?

Yes.  All operational helicopter crew (and as SKT notes, some non-aircrew) must be RUET qualified according to certain currency requirements.  Cyclone, Cormorant and some Griffon crews conduct RUET more often, than other Griffon crews and Chinook crews.

dapaterson said:

Dude. You're the King of the TLAs!  :nod:

dapaterson said:

In addition to the answers already given, a video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaHxB6GD0wQ

Six air crew have been identified. Prayers out to the families and comrades of  Sub-Lieutenant Abbigail Cowbrough, Sub-Lieutenant Matthew Pyke; Master Corporal Matthew Cousins; Captain Maxime Miron-Morin; Captain Kevin Hagen; Captain Brenden Ian MacDonald. (Canadian Armed Forces)
'
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/canadian-military-releases-full-list-203618083.html

Excuse me for cursing but this f/ckin sucks.

My condolences to the families, friends and shipmates.

Michael deAdder's cartoon today.

https://twitter.com/deAdder/status/1256231581771010054

Attachments

• deAdder HMCS Fredericton.jpg
    deAdder HMCS Fredericton.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 243
CAF in US has a heart-breaking tweet in response:

Attachments

• stalker come in over.jpg
    stalker come in over.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 273
CAF App just sent an alert with what we are all are fearing, search and rescue operations are now transitioning to search and recovery operations.

PuckChaser said:
CAF App just sent an alert with what we are all are fearing, search and rescue operations are now transitioning to search and recovery operations.

Also that remains have been recovered but not identified

Military operations are inherently dangerous which amazes me that there are young men and women who readily step up to take the risks for their
fellow citizens.

Its been a rough few days.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.  The ship is very thankful.

Yours,

HT

Halifax Tar said:
Its been a rough few days.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.  The ship is very thankful.

Yours,

HT

I can only imagine how rough it has been. We are with you.

Stay safe out there.......

You all are in this ol' mans prayers at night.......

God bless
Larry

Does anyone know if there will be any sort of Highway of Heroes commemoration between Trenton and Toronto?  If so, details?

Back