• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

History Channel Sat Night

The Pacific was awesome. We have it on DVD.
I like how the focus shifted to PTSD, which was hinted at but not as prominent in Band of Brothers.

It makes sense though, since BoB was filmed around 2001 and The Pacific was filmed in 2010, during the Iraq and Afghanistan campaigns.

I like how the focus shifted to PTSD, which was hinted at but not as prominent in Band of Brothers.

It makes sense though, since BoB was filmed around 2001 and The Pacific was filmed in 2010, during the Iraq and Afghanistan campaigns.
I been watching Sea Patrol on YT, man the PTSD claims that crew is going to make is going to break Veterans Affairs budget.....

It used to be called battle fatigue and the prescription was a ticket off the line. We know the mental reasons run much deeper and may last a lifetime.

I watched the History Channel all night first it was about PM Churchill and then The Pacific.

The Pacific/ also on HBO. The Marines fighting in the Solomons and then in Oz.

You might be aware that The Pacific was based on a couple of excellent books by Eugene Sledge and Robert Leckie. Well worth the read:

I love history so your suggestion is one that I will eagerly follow. The Pacific was a no holds barred fight that probably wouldnt be allowed today. A different time but as a nation we are the same- for now.

What? No “Ice Road Truckers”, “Ancient Aliens” or some variant of rednecks killing things? :p

The Pacific was a no holds barred fight that probably wouldnt be allowed today. A different time but as a nation we are the same- for now.
I believe the US public was getting anxious re the horrific Pacific War casualties and the President was getting heat. One of the considerations for dropping the two bombs.

Quite right R62. My fathers unit had been redeployed from Germany to California to practise amphibious ops. His arty unit were able to learn how to fire 105's from landing craft. After the surrender his unit went to Japan on occupation duty.Fate saved alot of lives.

Back