• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hours a night? (FGH advice in perticular)

cpl-cam

Inactive
Reaction score
I know everyone says that you parade "1 night a week and 1-2weekends a month" but what I was wondering is how many hours on average do you parade? I realize it'll varry from unit to unti but a general idea would be helpfull. I was just wondering because I'm applying for the Fort Garry Horse which is the north end and I'm from the south end of Winnipeg and I was wondering if I could get there early enough to be on time is Winnipeg Transit is slow as hell.

Thanks,
Cam

My old reserve regiment(1st (Halifax-Dartmouth)Field Artillery Regiment,RCA)paraded from 7-10pm on Tuesday night,and we had about 1-2 working weekends a month(sometimes more depending what you were doing).Most times when I took the bus,I shot to be at work around 6:30.This gave you time to chat with your friends and have a smoke.For daytime work,this was a little more catch as catch can.

cpl-cam: Gun plumber is right. If you want more details,you should be able to call the FGH ROR. Just ring the 17 Wg Operator (in the Blue Pages) and ask for the FGH OR.  You may also find that some members of the unit live in the South. Cheers.

Thanks alot to both of you I'll call up 17 wing first thing monday.
Thanks,
Cam

I know there are a few of us (Garrys) that live in the south end of the city. (I'm in the North East). I know that they usually come together in one car for most parade nights. We start at 1900 and go until about 2200 on a tuesday night. If it is a garrison weekend, start time is usually 0800-0900 and we finish anywhere between 1630-1800. Please feel free to ask if you have anymore questions.

Back