• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How competitive is it to get into infantry?

sanycsport@hotmail.com

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm currently completing high-school, and want to join the CAF as regular infantry as soon as possible. However, I have basically no job experience, bad grades and no special skills to distinguish me from others looking to get in. Do I have any chance of getting the job as it stands, or should I apply after I've graduated/ have work experience?

For the record, I'm fit* and could probably give an excellent interview. I'm just scared of getting rejected off the bat and wasting time in a shit job I have no passion for.

(2h hockey monday, 1h soccer Tuesday, 4h soccer Thursday and a soccer match on the weekend (I'm on the field all game as a defender) plus misc school activities, so I've got the cardio. Been working on getting my body-weight numbers up and can a max of 40 pushups and 7 pullups. )

Your chances of being offered employment in the CAF are just as good as anyone else who applies.

After applying online, the next step in the process is completing the CFAT exam (aptitude test).  This is where you can set yourself apart from all the others who have applied.  If you are in your final year of High School, you can apply now and at least get your CFAT completed.  But be sure to take the time to study for this, as it is the MOST important part of your application processing!

Good luck!

http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100

Back