• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How do I rrestore old boots?

A

addyb

I‘ve managed to pick up a pair of old jungle boots, they‘re a bitch and a half to find where I live. The leather all over the toes are cracked from use. Is there anyway I can fix them? I know it‘s a crazy question, but I really treasure the boots and I want them to look a bit nicer.

Go into a tack store (horse equipement) and get a bottle of leather cleaner and leather conditioner.

Remove old leather and replace. If you find the fabric is wearing, replace the fabric. If you are replacing the fabric, you should take the time to replace the grommets, eyelets, etc. Generally you will also note that the old sole doesn‘t hold the stitches as well, so a new set of soles will be in order.

Yes, it‘s a lot of work, but you will find your boots are just like new in the end. You can make stuff last a long time if you are handy. I still have my grandfather‘s axe - my dad replaced the handle twice and I just replaced the head last month.

Brad... lol it sounds like you‘rejust replacing the whole boot peice by peice... :D

Actually, I don‘t think I will replace them. You guys are probably thinking I‘m weird because I‘m always talking about boots. It‘s just that I found out these are Vintage vietnam-era issue boots, as in made prior to 1975. I guess that if a soldier had completed most of his tour his jungle boots would be pretty beaten up, right? Anyway, I might just go buy another pair, they‘re cheap.

Back