• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How to beat the cornflake allegations?

Boder

Reaction score
Hello everyone I recently joined the CAF PRes and have only one weekend (3 days) of BMQ and have been to 4 Parade nights. At the most recent night with the training company of my reserve regiment we went to the QM to grab weapons to learn to do bolt disassembly and cleaning. When giving me the C7A2 the QM said “holy fuck cornflake” meanwhile everyone else was a cornflake and I was the only one to have not recieved at cap badge (we get them after finishing BMQ). I want to know some tips on how to wear my uniform better so I don’t look so shit. I’ve shaped my beret, burned loose threads and high blouse my boots to the best of my ability which I think looks fine but I’m wondering what I could do to look better in uniform.

Don’t stress over it. People are gonna bust your balls a bit; if anything was really wrong with your uniform someone would specifically identify it and how to sort it out. You’re weeks into your time in the military. Just keep learning, do the jobs you’re given to do, and before long you’ll be trained and there will be a new batch of new kids coming up behind you.

Next time, try this: "I may be a cornflake, but at least I’m not stale, Sergeant."

As long as you have a cornflake, you'll be 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag.

Back