• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I found a CAF jacket..

S

SteelMag

Hey.

I found a CAF jacket that i was told was worn during the Quebec ice storm.

the tag on the inside left pocket says

NWG Apparel Corp
Jacket, Garrison Dress, Land
8405-21-905-7215
size:7636/38
W8463-8-ACOB/X3-PC
and then it goes on to tell the makeup of the jacket.

and thoughts on what this is and how it is issued...it has a pretty cool camo pattern (beats the **** out of the american one but it is definatly not CADPAT)

http://www.henrikc.dk/camouflage/details.asp?autono=100

google is a wonderfull tool.

Well, it pretty much tells you. It‘s a jacket, garrison dress, land.

It‘s part of an old uniform we used to wear which was, surprisingly enough, called garrison dress. It was intended for wear in the office, when you‘d want to be dressier than combats would allow, but less dressy than being in DEU. Although it was still around at the time of the ice storm, I doubt it would actually have been worn during the event, as it is not part of an operational order of dress.

cool.....it also has a signal mans (dont know the proper term) badge on the right sleeve (near the wrist)

but thanks for the info!

Proper name? It‘s called a Signals Badge... AKA A Jimmy Badge AKA A Dancing Fairy (Regarding the last one, it‘s not a fairy **** it... it‘s mercury... god of commerece and speed...)

Cool. Thanks for the info.

It is a nice camo pattern though. not as nice as CADPAT but less ugly then the american camo.

Originally posted by Just a Sig Op:
[qb] it‘s mercury... god of commerece and speed...) [/qb]
Funny- I was told Mercury was the Roman god of messages, thievery, and mischief. Some would say rather appropriate for Jimmies... ;) :p :D

Well, I felt like being a bit confusing...

Mercury (Hermes) was the son of Zeus and Maia. He was god of commerce, wrestling, and gymnastic exercises, thieving, and what required skill and dexterity.

Mercury was the messenger of Zeus, and wore a winged hat and winged shoes. He held a rod entwined with two serpents and wings, called the caduceus, and invented the lyre.

The god of the thief, before he was a day old he stole Apollo‘s cattle. Finally Zeus ordered him to returned the cattle to Apollo.

Apollo heard Mercury play the lyre. He like the music so much, that he decided to give Hermes his cattle and his shepherd staff in exchanged for the lyre.

While Mercury was considered cunning and dishonest he was also helpful to mortals. He was the patron of traveller and wayfarers, He gave a sickle of admanate to Perseus to use to sever Medusa‘s head. He gave Odysseus a plant known as moly, that made the hero immune to Circe‘s magic.

When the first woman was made who was named Pandora. She was made in heaven, every god contributing something to perfect her. Venus gave her beauty, Mercury persuasion, Apollo music, etc.

Originally posted by willy:
[qb] ...and now, he and his wang adorn the gates of CFSCE. Eyes left boys! Pay respects to the wang. [/qb]
It‘s not nice to make fun of Jimmy that way...

(But I‘m laughing my butt off!) :D

Back