• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

In order to be competetive

Prototype

Inactive
Reaction score
Greetings,

Firstly, if this has been discussed elsewhere, I'd like to see the link to the thread, thanks.

The CSOR homepage describes the minimum standard for physical fitness.

But where should I be before attempting selection? What should me level of physical fitness be, not only to be competetive, but so I don't get beat down daily during training.

thanks!

How fit should you be? There is no precise answer to that. Regardless of how fit you are, there will be times where you are so physically drained that it is only head and heart that keep you going.

With regards to feeling beat down daily during training there is also the level of mental health as well and I don't mean, your IQ or how stable or crazy you are but just how you are dealing with things, ie: not being mentally rundown and worn out. You wouldn't want allot of family/money/personal problems lingering in the back ground as well as the training to degrade your performance or raise unnecessary red flags.

Talk to PSP.  They will give you the hard data as to the goals you'll need to meet.

There is a pre-SOBQ fitness guide out there..similar to the JTF2 one. A lot of CrossFit type workouts on it.
PSP or CSOR recruiting should be able to set you up with it. I'm not sure if it's available to everyone or just applicants so you will have to contact them to find out.

Let me know how it works out , I too would be interested in having at look at this pre-SOBQ fitness guide.

Yeah, I just got a copy of it...

It's a 12 week circuit consisting of ruck marches, interval and distance running, circuit training, and swimming.

Doesn't look easy, doesn't look impossible.

There's nowhere to swim here in Afghanistan, though.

If you are looking for comparisons try some of the Crossfit.com workouts.

For instance, the Crossfit workout described below, you should be able to do 18-25 reps including rest time on a running clock.

"Cindy"
Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
5 Pull-ups
10 Push-ups
15 Squats

You could go to the PRT to swim.... but I think they close the pool in the winter.

My advice would be to follow the program as strictly as possible.  Substitute rowing for swimming and load your ruck as heavy as you can handle. 

Back