• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Build

Benoit

Inactive
Fallen Comrade
Reaction score
Hey guys im hoping to become a reg force infanteer when I finish high school in june... was just woundering what is the average body size of an infantry soldier. I.e 5`8 160pounds thats what i am. Just curious thats all. thanks in advance

When I went on course with the regs, they are pretty much what you specified by average.
145-190 pounds for ages 17-20.

Of cours it also matters how much of that weight is muscle. You could be 160 and be pure flab, which probably wouldn‘t be very good.

hahahaha no im far from fat. But im not a skinny little ******* either hahaha

The average infantry soldier towers 20 feet above the rest, tearing his enemies limb from limb with his massive muscular physic then finishing by drinking Jack Daniels from the skulls of his defeated foe.

But seriously I‘ve seen 5‘2" 140 pound infantry soldiers; It‘s about mentality and (imho) athleticism, not neccessarily your weight and height.

Che, your pretty much bang on...with both points.

I‘ve also seen wogs who are built like your stereotypical infanteer...

I‘m about 5‘7" or 5‘8" and 120lbs...no one in the CF medical staff seems to think this is a problem. I guess size isn‘t too important as long as you can handle the physical aspect.

You aren‘t right marker material though. Sadly I am at 6‘5 225 lbs.

A "wog" thats ******* hilarious and I love that description of by CHE of the stereotypical infantry solider especially the jack daniels part UMMMMMMM Jack Daniels

I‘ve seen some pretty wack specimans myself when i was visiting the Base here in edmonton, at the Canex I saw the biggest scariest mofo to walk..jeez..like 6‘5, pushing 270lbs at the very least...and not a whole lotta fat on him. Just massive. I walk down the street towards my car and I see this typical guy, mebbe 5‘10, doesn‘t look like he‘s in shape, looks pudgy..but I bet he can run the **** outta or your typical civilian.

Originally posted by Jason Bourne:
[qb] I‘ve seen some pretty wack specimans myself when i was visiting the Base here in edmonton, at the Canex I saw the biggest scariest mofo to walk..jeez..like 6‘5, pushing 270lbs at the very least...and not a whole lotta fat on him. Just massive. I walk down the street towards my car and I see this typical guy, mebbe 5‘10, doesn‘t look like he‘s in shape, looks pudgy..but I bet he can run the **** outta or your typical civilian. [/qb]
Thats what CADPAT is for,to hide the beast. ;)

Originally posted by Jason Bourne:
[qb]like 6‘5, pushing 270lbs at the very least...and not a whole lotta fat on him. Just massive. [/qb]
the kind of guy to take a .50 cal MG and use it as a SMG

Originally posted by Daniel:
[qb] When I went on course with the regs, they are pretty much what you specified by average.
145-190 pounds for ages 17-20. [/qb]
How did you do a course with the reg force? your a cadet.

ok, simple question. What is similar between SQ and Infantry?

Shortbus, SQ is pretty much a watered-down version of the Infantry course.

so, being an Infanteer is more or less a beefed up SQ all the time?

I‘m not an infanteer at all, but I can nonetheless tell you that the infantry does a lot of cool stuff that requires a lot of specialized training. Anti armour courses, mountain ops courses, LAV driver/gunner courses, etc are in no way like SQ. SQ is just a course that they invented so that non infantry guys can fire a C6 or do a section attack without embarrassing themselves. Don‘t confuse the two things.

willy, that is true ofcourse, but SQ essentially is a weaker/watered down version of the basics of the Basic Infantry Qualification(DP1A ?)

Back