• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Officer University Degree

Steve_m

Inactive
Reaction score
I am currently at university for Information Technology (IT) and once done want to join the army as an infantry officer.  Would my degree qualify for that position?  Also, would I be able to do a few years of university then apply to the forces and then get paid education or is that out of the question?  Thanks in advance!

Good day Steve_m

Any undergraduate degree from a recognized Canadian university meets the basic educational requirements for Direct Entry Infantry Officers. The Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP) is a paid education entry plan that you can apply for up until you enter your final year of your degree program. Once in your final year you would be considered as a direct entry applicant and any offer received for enrollment would be conditional upon completion of your final year. Deadlines for applying to the ROTP entry plan is the End of January each year.

For more information on paid education entry plans visit our website at the following link:

http://www.forces.ca/en/page/paideducation-96

Back