• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Information - Medals and Decorations

Guardian

Inactive
Reaction score
This site has sections on rank insignia, colours, and so forth. I know there's some info (such as the Victoria Cross reference) in the Links area, but what about an "Medals, Decorations, and Orders" section under Information?

I speak from ignorance, of course - never having set up or managed a website myself, I don't know what the challenges involved would be. It's an idea, though.

Guardian said:
This site has sections on rank insignia, colours, and so forth. I know there's some info (such as the Victoria Cross reference) in the Links area, but what about an "Medals, Decorations, and Orders" section under Information?

I speak from ignorance, of course - never having set up or managed a website myself, I don't know what the challenges involved would be. It's an idea, though.

That info is currently available at the Veterans Affairs Canada website - google VAC and the name of the medal you are interested in and you shall find the site. Don't forget to bookmark it.

VAC has it, and Directorate History and Heritage has it on the DND website as well. I was just wondering if placing it as a resource on this site, as well, might be helpful - just another resource here for people looking around for information. After all, the rank insignia were replicated here. Just a thought...

Hi Guardian,

Not a bad thought. The biggest roadblock to that is obtaining the info in a way that I can post it here. That is, copying the VAC info or scanning in a chart would be violating copyright, which isn't a good thing. I could always locate a good source and ask permission though. The second biggest roadblock is making the time, which always seems to be scarce. :)

Cheers
Mike

See the Governor Generals Web Site http://www.gg.ca/honours/index_e.asp

They cover the town on this stuff

From what I see on the governers sight, they are special medals? What about the regular medals and pins that are normal for the army? Would be neat to see what they all mean.

Back