• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Injury during BMQ??

Bailey

Inactive
Reaction score
What happens if you injure yourself during Basic training? Wether it be as simple as strained muscle or as serious as a broken bone? Do you get kicked out or go to a S.T platoon??
Thanks for the the feedback ahead of time!!

It depends on a lot of things. First, if you can contunue training with the injury or not. If not, then you will be RTU'd. If you're a reserve, you go home and redo the course later. If you're Reg, correct me if I'm wrong Reg pers out there, but I believe you go to PAT platoon (pers awaiting training), and redo the course later.

Minor injuries aren't too bad. Lots of troops hide injuries to avoid being RTU'd, so it's really your call what you do. Obviously you can't hide a broken leg. As an example, I managed to fake recovery of a broken rib on my basic (it wasn't too bad to begin with) and wasn't RTU'd. It healed on its own, but it hurt like a bastard while on course.

I am waiting for my file to come back from head office. I am going reg.

If you get injured at reg force BMQ and start missing training because of it, you will get put on PAT platoon and stay there until you are healed and then join another course where you left off from the last.

Cool thanks for the info.
Man when you are 30 and leaving an "ok" job!! Civy jobs LOL, You get a little worried if something were to go wrong at Basic when  you have a family you are providing for!

Im glad you asked that.. I was wondering myself. though i figured you were put in PAT, I wanted to know for sure.

The best way to avoid injury in BMQ is to arrive in the best physical condition you can achieve.

And the best way to do well and stay awake during classes is to arrive in the best physical shape possible

Back