• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Insomnia

Tharris

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently decided to join the naval reserves as an intelligence officer, and I am at a bit of a stall point in the process and thought I would look for some input on the issue.  While I passed the medical without major issue I mentioned I suffer from insomnia.  My civilian doctor signed the required forms indicating that although it was an ongoing problem, there are no issues with me either in high-stress situations nor prolonged periods without medication.  As I understand, my file is sent to Ottawa for scrutiny before any decision is made.  Will my insomnia prove to be a major issue, or should I refrain from worrying too much.  Any and all thoughts/advice on this is appreciated. 

Kind Regards,

T.

Tharris said:
Hello all,

I recently decided to join the naval reserves as an intelligence officer, and I am at a bit of a stall point in the process and thought I would look for some input on the issue.  While I passed the medical without major issue I mentioned I suffer from insomnia.  My civilian doctor signed the required forms indicating that although it was an ongoing problem, there are no issues with me either in high-stress situations nor prolonged periods without medication.  As I understand, my file is sent to Ottawa for scrutiny before any decision is made.  Will my insomnia prove to be a major issue, or should I refrain from worrying too much.  Any and all thoughts/advice on this is appreciated. 

Kind Regards,

T.

If i were to say that insomnia will keep you out of the CF......will you magicaly start sleeping properly ?

I'm guessing no.

Since you have no control over that, and none of us here are the doctors who handle recruiting cases you will just have to wait until you get the word.

Now, go get some sleep.

I wonder how a doctor can say something like "s/he has no problems in high stress situations"?  Has you doctor ever seen you in one?

Insomnia is pretty subjective.  Some people need less sleep than others, some more.  Some people drop off the minute their head hits the pillow and don't wake up until the alarm goes off.  Others toss and turn all night.

That being said, heed CDN Aviator's advice.  Stop worrying about it. 
18.gif

Back