• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Joining...Again

90Tbird

Inactive
Reaction score
well a few year back, when I was still in highschool I made the decision to join the reserves, I went to the recruiting office, got all the information, and the application. I filled out the application and left it on my desk, and later threw it in the garbage, thinking that I was not ready yet to make such a big commitment. Well its now 5 years later and I want to join up in the reserves again, but not sure of a trade I want to take up, not looking to go full time since im in University now, but I do want to once I am done. So my first question would be If this can be done? Without the hassle or reapplying or doing tests over again, secondly since I am intresetd in joing the reserves, and there is a minimun amout of days that have have to be there (37 or 47?) anyway, does this have to be done in equal periods as in 2 weekends a month or can I not go for the year and once summer comes around do the entire 40 some odd days all at once? Thirldy, I was just looking over the physical qualifications, and I am seriosuly out of shape, so I started working out slowly, but can anyone gives me some tips on conditioning myself so that when the test comes I am better prepared?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the shitload of questions.

I'm not sure what you're saying in your post, are you saying you had all the forms, but did you or did you not hand them in and start the process? Did you do any tests through the CFRC?

As for the number of days thing, usually a regiment parades one night a week, one weekend a month. Once you join up, you'll have to do your BMQ/SQ/Trades Training (I'm assuming you're applying to the Army Reserve), which'll probably make sure you have more than the required amount of days for the year. Once you're trained, you might be able to get a tasking during the summer which could take care of all the days for the year. But, I don't know if you're unit would give you first pick for taskings if you don't come out for parade nights/weekends after they invested all the money in you to get you trained.

Conquistador said:
I'm not sure what you're saying in your post, are you saying you had all the forms, but did you or did you not hand them in and start the process? Did you do any tests through the CFRC?

As for the number of days thing, usually a regiment parades one night a week, one weekend a month. Once you join up, you'll have to do your BMQ/SQ/Trades Training (I'm assuming you're applying to the Army Reserve), which'll probably make sure you have more than the required amount of days for the year. Once you're trained, you might be able to get a tasking during the summer which could take care of all the days for the year. But, I don't know if you're unit would give you first pick for taskings if you don't come out for parade nights/weekends after they invested all the money in you to get you trained.

I filled out the forms, but I didn't hand anything in, I just threw them away, never went for any testing or anything like that.

90Tbird said:
I filled out the forms, but I didn't hand anything in, I just threw them away, never went for any testing or anything like that.

So.  You are not joining again.  You are joining for the first time.

Conquistador said:

You can not only train during the summer.  It does not work like that.  If you were to not show up all year you would become NES and would be released 5F. 

There is a whole forum dedicated to all kinds of training in the drop-down menu of the main forum directory; it's titled "Training". Start there.

You can not only train during the summer.  It does not work like that.  If you were to not show up all year you would become NES and would be released 5F.  
Oops, my bad. Thanks for correcting me, beach_bum.

Back