• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Just Finished all my Testings

Benoit

Inactive
Fallen Comrade
Reaction score
Just finished all my testings today ,qualified for all trades (Inf 031) ppcli. Was just woundering what will happen now?

Your file will be sent to Borden Ont where you will wate numerous months for a response.

How Long is the wait usually, the mcc told me that he is diffently recommending for basic training. Was just woundering thats all. Thanks Guys :cdn:

I just finished my interview also. They may have pointed out to you that "recommending" you for training means only so much.

There is a merit list that you are placed on, and the only way you would not be recommended at the CFRC level if if you scored 2 points or less on the merit scale. It‘s out of 10 or 11 I believe.

They told me, that it would likely take nearly 8 weeks to hear anything, but that if I hadn‘t heard by then to call and find out where my file stands.

So how do you know how high you are on the merit list? Im not to worried yet seeing that I am still in Gr 12, lots of time left yet. I did really well on my CFAt passed the medical no problems at all, Physical-I did 30 pushups( well did alot more but didnt go all the way back up so they didnt count) A **** load of sit ups passed the step test with flying colors and the grip test well that was a joke!. Also I would like to know just because you pass all the testing that dont really mean you are going to be offered a position? does it? thanks in advance

Grip test is a joke?

Is there any way to kinda gauge your arm strength?

yes there is actually i‘ll explain what i did to prepare......this can be done sitting or standing what ever you prefer. all you have to do is extend your arms straight out in front of your body or just a little above you shoulders for a challange, keep opening and closing your hands fully for about 10 mins each day trust me this will give you the biggest burn ever in you forearms and it will help with yo grip test I promise keep doing this every day and gradually add on time until you tests.

You don‘t find out where you are on the merit list. You have to guess. For example, they told me I did very well on all my testing. I had a good interview, they are recommending me as suitable for training, but that they found weakness in 2 specific areas (they told me what they were)

I‘m guessing that I‘m going to be about a 7 out of 10. Maybe thats wishful thinking, or maybe I‘m selling myself short. I won‘t really know until they call me, or if many many months go by and nothing happens.

I‘m not really worried about it though, the only thing I can do is keep a positive attitude, and keep preparing to get the call tomorrow.

I‘m guessing that not knowing whats going on at the administrative level is something I‘m going to have to get used to if I get in. This is just good practice.

Edit PS. This may sound kind of dumb and obvious, but the key to the grip test is to make sure that you actually have a REALLY GOOD GRIP on the device. It is a slippery little bugger, and if it‘s slipping out of your grip (which is easy to do) then you are cheating yourself out of a good deal of pressure. Plus, get ready for the sensation of it not moving, it feels like you squeeze really hard and nothing happens, which in my case made me feel weak and cost me about 15lbs or kgs whichever its measured in.
My first try I got 50 and after I realised what was going on I got 65.

Back