• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Just got a job offer.

Izzy

Inactive
Reaction score
So, like anyone in my position, I am ecstatic and thrilled by this, but I have a quick question regarding job offers and merit listing,
so I had a gentleman from the recruiting center call me today with an offer of enrollment for infantry,  now out of my 3 choices I wanted combat engineer/infantry/armored solider, was offered my second choice, now here is the question,
If I still wish to pursue combat engineer over infantry, what is that process, he stated that I would be put back on merit listing and have to wait all over again.

would this be smart on my behalf as its something I truly want, or would it just screw me over as I have a perfectly good job offer for a great position anyways...

comments and thoughts are more than welcome.  :salute:

-Izzy :cdn:

Good Day,

paleomedic - please read the following post: http://navy.ca/forums/threads/115492.0.html

Izzy - the only people that you will get comments/thoughts from on your query are:
1) CAF Recruiting Staff; and
2) Site Directing Staff. 
No one else should be responding to you on this thread, if you would like to pose your question to other people you should try one of the other forums on here.

Onto my official response as a Recruiter. 

When you select your 3 choices, it's not which one you are asking for first, it's which 3 are you willing to do for your entire career.  If you don't want to be Infantry you shouldn't select it.  If you ONLY want Combat Engineer, that should be the only trade you select.  The recruiter you spoke with is 100% correct, if you turn down Infantry and wish to wait for Combat Engineer you will be placed back on the Merit List and if you are competitive enough you might receive an offer down the road for Combat Engineer.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

The post Sgt. Laen was referring to has been removed.

Scott
Staff

Back