• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

K'Har PRT Has New CO

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Good list of deliverables delivered by PRT to date - let's see if MSM picks it up....

Kandahar PRT holds change of command
ISAF news release # 2007-077, 29 Jan 07
Article Link

During a change of command yesterday at the Kandahar Provincial Reconstruction Team (PRT) at Camp Nathan Smith, Lt. Col. Bob Chamberlain assumed command of the PRT from Lt. Col. Simon Hetherington, who has led the PRT since July.

“I am very proud to be taking command of this world class PRT,” said Chamberlain. “I am looking forward to building on the momentum that the previous rotation has gained and taking the reconstruction of Afghanistan to a new level.”

During the past six months, the PRT has assisted with:

* 9 village medical outreach patrols that treated more than 2,500 patients
    * repairing 16 schools, re-opening 2 schools, and repairing 2 playgrounds
    * awarding nearly $3.7 million in contracts for Civil-Military Cooperation and engineering projects
    * providing training to 195 Afghan National Police and 835 Afghan National Auxiliary Police
    * 329 patrols in Kandahar Province
    * 31 assists from the PRT’s Quick Reaction Force, reacting to everything from suicide bombings to vehicle recovery calls

Be nice if CBC, CTV & CNN all picked up this story with the positive statistics, but I'm not holding my breath?

If we're going to dream, we might as well dream big - I haven't even seen MSM coverage of the fact that the PRT has a new boss yet.

Back