• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Knee Injuries

StevenPeece

Inactive
Reaction score
Inevitably after a number of years service a good percentage of former soldiers carry the burden of suffering with bad knees and backs.

I personally have issues with my left knee. Its always worse in the winter when the cold sets in. However, recently I've found out that knee pain can be caused by a muscle imbalance amongst the quadriceps. I've checked this out and I found some really useful information at:

http://www.knee-pain-management.com/runners_knee.html

Steve

One of many injuries that affects soldiers, probably one of the more common.

See your medical clinic and request a physio appt. CF physiotherapists can help you with that condition, both in prevention and treatment.

StevenPreece said:
Inevitably after a number of years service a good percentage of former soldiers carry the burden of suffering with bad knees and backs.

I personally have issues with my left knee. Its always worse in the winter when the cold sets in. However, recently I've found out that knee pain can be caused by a muscle imbalance amongst the quadriceps. I've checked this out and I found some really useful information at:

Steve
Note this also applies to sports orientated people and generally a lot of others.  From a military point of view they seem to be getting a lot wiser these days with preventing injuries.

Armymedic said:
One of many injuries that affects soldiers, probably one of the more common.

See your medical clinic and request a physio appt. CF physiotherapists can help you with that condition, both in prevention and treatment.

I am in a great mood today, I just got authorized to be outsourced for phisio(there is a guy nearby that used to be the head phisio for the Canadian Triathlon team). Now lets hope the knee gets all better.

StevenPreece said:

Steve

Hey, thanks for the link!  I banged up my knee real good on the rigs a couple years back.  My kneecaps are naturally very mobile and I had no knowledge of "knee tracking" and falsely assumed working the legs could not prevent movement of the kneecap.  I absolutely despise leg work-outs! but it's a must for me if I want to persue a life in the army. Just goes to show knowledge is power eh... 8)

Heh...
I've had problems with my right knee for years
.... I get to know about storms and weather changes before the Metrep comes in.
My CF98 was prepared a long time ago,
I'll live with it

I highly recommend Glucosamine and Chondroitin.  It made a huge difference for me as well as a friend of mine (we do endurance races).  http://www.knee-pain-management.com/supplements.html

"Cartilage has a limited ability to regenerate (possibly because it has no blood supply.) However, many researchers believe that GLUCOSAMINE supplements can help slowly repair and rebuild some cartilage. CHONDROITIN is believed to promote water retention and elasticity of the cartilage, and inhibit enzymes involved in cartilage breakdown.

Glucosamine and chondroitin are also believed to reduce inflammation. There have been many studies that show glucosamine is as effective as anti-inflammatory medications for knee pain relief in the majority of knee osteoarthritis sufferers - with fewer side effects."

Mountain Runner:  Its the same site I was browsing.  Thanks for pointing these supplment out.  I'll give them a try.

Many thanks

Steve

Back